Help, SOS My 8830 hangs up sometime and shows the hour glass and then it ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Abdul Mateen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    5C46CA32

Smile Sprint 8830 and the hour glass

Advertisement

Help, SOS
    My 8830 hangs up sometime and shows the hour glass and then it shows that white screen that says reset. Oh yeah and sometime when click on the sprint nav. it freezes the screen. Can anyone help? Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Abdul Mateen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    5C46CA32
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    Hello, I would upgrade to a newer software, that can be found at www.sprint.com/downloads.
    Thanks. I will try that and let you know.

vanity512 no está en línea Stack level 1
    did that help? or did u find a resolution of some sort?
    this is my 2nd 8830..... the last one did the same thing (only this ones worse) it randomly resets itself when i go into messenger or other aps. im a berry fan but this is

this units only 2 days old...i downloaded kaglom and windows live search. not sure if its relevant...
    ride or die baby!

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have encountered this with a Pearl 8130 and the problem was due to a lack of free memory on the phone. The person only had 500k of free ram because of all of the photos, themes, games, etc saved on the phone. Are any of you doing this as well? If so, I would invest in a MicroSD card. Tiger Direct/CompUSA were selling 2GB with SD adaptors for $7.99 (got three). I picked up my 8GB off of eBay for $40 a few months back. I also recommend what CP6169 said by making sure you're running the latest version of the software. The latest 4.2 build is 4.2.2.196 (Sprint has a higher platform version that fixed a netwrok issue where EVDO service would drop out randomly). Not sure if other providers can benefit from it.

The best way to see the free memory on your phone is to press the left alt, the left shift and the h key. This will let you know how much total ram (64 megs) and free ram is available. If your memory is low, I'd first recommend moving pics, music, etc off of the phone with Roxio media manager and if that doesn't help, there is the wipe and reinstall method. The 8830 we have is running 4.5.0.77 App with 3.2.0.51 for the Platform version. Currently it has a little under seven megs free. The phone has Sprint Navigator, Sprint TV, Windows Live Search, Google Maps, Opera Mini, Gmail, Documents to go 1.002 (adds Excel support) and a few themes installed. After a reboot the memory jumped back to 11.4 megs of free ram. The phone has well over 200 emails and I recommend a battery pull at least once a day. No operating system is perfect and memory leaks to happen. You can also hold down the left ALT and type L G L G and clear the diagnostic log, clear your browser cache, and outdated messages and this can help resolve your issues as well.