Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just returned from the Sprint store and was inquiring about moving up to a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

JimZ06 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sprint 8830 and Power Vision Question

Advertisement

I just returned from the Sprint store and was inquiring about moving up to a 8830. I mentioned the Sprint Power Vision BLackberry Pack and the sales rep told me that the Power vision packs were not applicable to the 8830, only the new 8130.

Is this true?

Thanks.
    Jim

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Sprint 8830 and Power Vision Question

Jim,

Not true. I had to speak to two Blackberry data reps since the first one told me that the $15 teathering add on was not available for the 8830. It may have to do with the fact that you may be in the P2K billing system and I believe the $30 plan is ensemble only. I do recall a post from CP which mentioned a code that was being implemented for the P2K customers. Do some searching and I'm sure you'll come across it.

JimZ06 no está en línea Stack level 2

tavella81,
    Thanks! So an 8830 can in fact use the Power Vision BB Pack. Excellent news.

In my particular circumstance when I was inquiring about the BB PAck and the 8830, I dont think the girl knew what billing system I am on...she never asked....but its good to know that the billing system plays a factor so I can anticipate that issue/problem in the future when I get the 8830.

Thanks again!

Jim

TRP
    TRP no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C8013D

If you have the unlimited data plan what would be the need for the vision package?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you get different features on the new plan, such as the navigation and unlimited texting, it is still inlomoted though except no BES

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by JimZ06 View Post
    tavella81,
    Thanks! So an 8830 can in fact use the Power Vision BB Pack. Excellent news.

In my particular circumstance when I was inquiring about the BB PAck and the 8830, I dont think the girl knew what billing system I am on...she never asked....but its good to know that the billing system plays a factor so I can anticipate that issue/problem in the future when I get the 8830.

Thanks again!

Jim
    No problem. I just recall having an issue slightly like this and I have the $30 pack on the 8830 on my account right now, there will be another $30 pack added today as I have had it with the Mogul.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Yes you can use the plan on any cdma BB, however the "vision" features will not work as of right now. Etc... TV, Radio, Music store.

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yea the plan can be used as everyone said. Also cp is right sprint tv won't work for me but sprint nav does and works great.

tomeknb no está en línea Stack level 1

i recently bought a 8830 and i have a discount from my retail job and i was told that because of my business account i cant have the power vision BB pack, is that right?

NotYaAverageBro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30C478BE

Quote Originally Posted by tomeknb View Post
    i recently bought a 8830 and i have a discount from my retail job and i was told that because of my business account i cant have the power vision BB pack, is that right?
    They may want you to have the BES plan instead which is $39.99 a month, but sounds like you are in the same predicament the OP is in, the older P2K billing system, which doesn't use "standard" codes for Power Vision access on an account. Just get switched over to the new billing system, or find a rep who actually knows what they are talking about.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

cp, will the vision features be availble in the near future? The mgr at a local sprint store said that there should be a "push" software update in feb?
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

PIN/ID
    3056468b

The 8830 will have tv and music store sometime very soon. The applications are already there, just waiting for them to work I suppose, lol.

Infinitymach no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30BEC5B6
    Yea CP, you are on point as usual. i have a friend who just purchased a Pearl and while we was working on her phone she had mentioned to me about her plan. the unlimited everything plan for $99. i called sprint/nex to raise cane over the fact i was still on the bb/sprint plan for over $100 and never recieved any email or what have you about a cheaper plan with much much more. need to say they changed it with an excuse about it only came out last month. Long story short... its not implemented yet into the 8830, but meanwhile the sprint telenav is just awesome. cant wait for the radio/ tv to kick in.

jetpilot no está en línea Stack level 1
    the curve is cooming out soon for sprint. atleast that will have a camera. right now the centrino is better the 8830, and i hate win mobile

PIN/ID
    3056468b
    The update for the 8830 is still being worked on. Ive seen the app running and its cool. Ill have the Curve before they update the 8830.

Im also very sorry to say jetpilot the Centro doesnt even compare to the 8830, at least for me. The Centro is a baby phone, someone who is needs an introduction to the pda world, the 8830 is for serious users.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast