Hello All! I am new to the blackberry. First off i love this thing and ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

thech0ng no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Sprint 8830 and Blackberry Messenger

Advertisement

Hello All!
    I am new to the blackberry. First off i love this thing and never thought i would. I am having some troubles with BB messenger though. i cannot get any of my friends on it. No one them receive invitations or whatever that i send them. one of my firends said it showed up in his email. What am i doing wrong? I add the contact with their email in BB messenger and nothing happens but a bunch of pending friends. I added my self and can chat with my self but that is very boring...obviously. Any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any really cool apps besides opera mini let me know.
    Thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Sprint 8830 and Blackberry Messenger

I added my self and can chat with my self but that is very boring...obviously
    Ha

Have you tried adding them by pin? Highlight "use once" and hit the menu key, then choose request by pin. Also let them try to add you first.

I have no idea what that pin stuff is. i have had them try to send me requests and i dont get them. is this something wrong with the service provided or the handset?

Still no BB Mesenger, should i take the phone to sprint and see whats going on. I really want to use this app and its driving me crazy. Also how do i update the BB software?

UP!

rbar112 no está en línea Stack level 2

you have to get ur contacts pin number and edit their info under the PIN# add their pin then u can go back to the messenger and it add contact then it will go to ur phone book find the person u want to add and select them then just hit okay and it will be a pending request until they accept it.

bostoneric no está en línea Stack level 2

ok i'm having a similiar issue... i'm sending the request out, but my friend isnt getting the request on their bb only one their desktop email??

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

If their desktop email uses POP3 and deletes the request from the POP server prior to it reaching the Blackberry, he'll never get the invite on the phone. Try the PIN method that CP mentioned above.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

i had the same problem. when i add a new contact i delete their email address before sending the invite and that works perfectly. i hope this helps....
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....