Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

with the new blackberry plans comeing out i am thinking of swiching over to the ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

Sprint 8830

Advertisement

with the new blackberry plans comeing out i am thinking of swiching over to the blackberry again, i like that unlimated text is included in the plan. just a few questions how do people like the device and also do you guys have any problems loging into forums and posting. that is the big thing i do with my phone is reply to posts on forums. also it has GPS right how does that work.

jeanralph no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c8f509
    The forums are extremely easy to post and reply,I've personally never encountered any problems in that realm. Secondly the gps function works wonderful if you purchase the bb 8830 its have internal gps positioning and all u have 2 do is type in ur dest. With the older 8300 (first version) they do not have internal gps but the newly released 8310 is gps enabled and I heard will be replacing the 8300 eventually the service 2 use would be telenav which has an unlimited packed 4 10 dollars.a month or the newly released free nav4all program. Hope this helps

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Sprint 8830

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~l love my 8830 you can also use google maps and use the bluetooth gps

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~l love my 8830 you can also use google maps and use the bluetooth gps
    yea. after finding out you need to extened your contract to get the new plan i doubt i would do that for a 8830. but maybe a curve if sprint gets one.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The new BB plan has free Sprint Nav, which is powered by Telenav, or you can download Telenav if you want. 2 year contract, for a baller like you Matt whats 2 more years? I bet you are already in a contract so it wont be a full 2 year extension...

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I love my 8830. Its been the best BB I have ever had. Its like truly having real computer. The Sprint service is much better since they have online 24/7 chat for support

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Just in case you dont realize, your 8830 has GPS built in. There is no need to do bluetooth tethering to a GPS device! If you download google maps it should work straight off your internal GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    The new BB plan has free Sprint Nav, which is powered by Telenav, or you can download Telenav if you want. 2 year contract, for a baller like you Matt whats 2 more years? I bet you are already in a contract so it wont be a full 2 year extension...
    LOL yea im in a contract im almost at one year 2 more mouths. i dont see useing a upgrade now.

tlowe no está en línea BES Pro

This was my first blackberry and I have to say I love it. It is really worth the money.

GreatGreyhounds no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CF7952

I sent my Verizon 8830 back, and moved over to Sprint. It took me no time at all to get the BB Maps and Google Maps to use the GPS, and even better, 20 minutes later, I figured out how to use the 8830 as a Bluetooth Modem, as well as tethered!

This one is definitely a keeper!
    Great Greyhounds - Greyhounds make wonderful pets!!!

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    The new BB plan has free Sprint Nav, which is powered by Telenav, or you can download Telenav if you want.
    I have Sprints most expensive BB plan..... since they are offering the Telenav for free... I wonder if I call up, that I can get it added to my account?

cincyboy64 no está en línea Stack level 1

sprint no longer makes u extened your contract when u switch your plan and staring next year they prorate your ending early fee

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

As of when? I called last week and they told me two years extension to make ANY changes.....

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

i think cincyboy64 is right.......i read somewhere too about the law suit in cali and now sprint doesnt require u to extend your contract when changing plans and more over from next year the etf would be pro-rated.........

rce
    rce no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt View Post
    yea. after finding out you need to extened your contract to get the new plan i doubt i would do that for a 8830. but maybe a curve if sprint gets one.
    I ordered my 8830 the other night and got the new BB plan and did not have to extend my contract. After, Nov 14th you can change plans without renewing your contract. At least that is what the CSR told me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast