First post here. I'll try to get it right. I ran a search and found ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Maroon no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Speakerphone hard to hear on both ends of call

Advertisement

First post here. I'll try to get it right. I ran a search and found lots of folks with low ringer volume but no one seems to be talking about low volume when on speakerphone.

I traded out my old 8703e for a new 8830 late last week. I'm having speaker phone problems, both on my end and on the other end of the call.

I know how to turn up the volume using the buttons on the side and have verified by the on screen indicator and by listening that I am, in fact, turning up the volume--but the problem is it's not loud enough, especially when I am in the car.

It also seem like the people on the other end of my call are having a very hard time hearing me.

My last phone was a 8703e and the speakerphone on it was the best I've ever had. Over thousands of calls not a single person ever--EVER--asked if they were on speaker. When I asked if they could tell whether they were on speaker or not, people could not tell the difference. AND, on my end of the call, the speaker volume was very good.

Is my 8830 a dud? Are there any possible solutions I should try short of returning it?

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon View Post
    First post here. I'll try to get it right. I ran a search and found lots of folks with low ringer volume but no one seems to be talking about low volume when on speakerphone.

I traded out my old 8703e for a new 8830 late last week. I'm having speaker phone problems, both on my end and on the other end of the call.

I know how to turn up the volume using the buttons on the side and have verified by the on screen indicator and by listening that I am, in fact, turning up the volume--but the problem is it's not loud enough, especially when I am in the car.

It also seem like the people on the other end of my call are having a very hard time hearing me.

My last phone was a 8703e and the speakerphone on it was the best I've ever had. Over thousands of calls not a single person ever--EVER--asked if they were on speaker. When I asked if they could tell whether they were on speaker or not, people could not tell the difference. AND, on my end of the call, the speaker volume was very good.

Is my 8830 a dud? Are there any possible solutions I should try short of returning it?
    Your not a dud. I have the 8830 as well and seldom use speakerphone because its not the best. In the car its the pits. I find a headset works best if you need your hands. One other thing to consider is everyones hearing is not on the same level.

I have lost some of my hearing from when I was in the Air Force. I dont do well in cars at high speeds, or in crowds. This makes it a necessary for me to either hold the phone or use a good bt headset.

dimachka no está en línea Stack level 1
    hmm i've gotta say my 8830 is by far the best speakerphone i've ever used, i would say try to find someone else with an 8830 or go to a retail store and see if yours performs the same. I regularly start a call, place it on speakerphone and then just sit my phone down to talk whether it is on my desk in my office or in the center console in my car, i have never been able to do this with a cell phone before.

However i should add that this is my first blackberry so your expectations might just be higher because previous blackberrys were even better?

deshotels no está en línea Stack level 1
    I recently moved and ATT doesn't have service here, so I had to cancel my ATT service. I had a 8800 with ATT and now I have a 8830 with Cellcom and the speakerphone seems to not work as well in the 8830. I just got it so it may be a fluke. People on the other end complain and it isn't as loud on my end. With my 8800 no one ever could tell they were on speakerphone and it was louder.

Maroon no está en línea Stack level 2
    Deshotels,

Your problem is EXACTLY mine. Fwiw, a friend of mine with an 8830 has this problem as well. I'm surprised it hasn't received more attention.