Are there any SPAM filters out there other than the Antair 2.5, that are easy ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Spam filters for 8830

Advertisement

Are there any SPAM filters out there other than the Antair 2.5, that are easy to work with and that are compatible on the 8830 phone?

N1KON no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2526CC32

Re: Spam filters for 8830

why dont you just set your spam filters on your email host server
    TMO UK
    PIN: 2526CC32

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Spam filters for 8830

I agree with N1KON; you can set filters to only forward selected emails. As an example, if you only wanted company emails, you set the options so that if no filters are present, emails are not forwarded. Then you make a filter called My Company, or whatever else you want to call it. Write it so that if the address ends "*mycompany.com" it will be sent to the BB. You can also do another filter for exceptions, like if you have friends you want to be able to reach you.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by N1KON View Post
    why dont you just set your spam filters on your email host server

I have done this and it works perfectly on my Outlook client... but the problem is (according to my server administrator at least) that my BB picks up the emails before it has a chance to filter it out. Under "Folder Redirection" I do not have Junk Messages checked but still wind up getting them on my blackberry.

I have tried Antair (and purchased the full version) but the problem is it won't let you blacklist any messages not in your Inbox folder.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks