I downloaded some ringers last night and they all worked fine last night. My micro ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jflair1980 no está en línea Stack level 1

Something odd has happened. Does this happen to you

Advertisement

I downloaded some ringers last night and they all worked fine last night. My micro card has a bunch of mp3's on it and it worked just fine last night. This morning, nothing would play in my downloaded ringers list or my mp3's. They would show up in the section for ringers and music, but when I hit play nothing happened. If I went to my profile to edit the ringer then nothing would happen, it would just make a quick noise that lasted about 1 second at most. I couldn't figure this out. Each file worked yesterday. I rebooted my phone and BAM, now they all work. is this typical? Does this happen alot? Does this sound like something I should be worried by, or do you think this is something that won't happen too often? I just bought the phone yesterday.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Something odd has happened. Does this happen to you

Just like a PC, sometimes they get wierd glitches when you download, and a reboot usually straightens it out.

Personally, I wouldn't worry unless this or any issue happened frequently.

I have a different model BB than you, but I've had it for about 10 weeks now. There have been 4 different times that it behaved strangely, different things each time......each time I rebooted it and none of those problems have come back.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3
    i usually pull the battery, take the media card out, reboot, reinsert when the OS loads up completely.
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

kwilson8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the 8830, with a 2gb SM card full of mp3's about 2x a months I have to pull tha battery and reboot....then it works "fine" I'm happy with the phone, but wonder if Microsoft had their hands on the "code"...

ajdamac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c6d491
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilson8 View Post
    wonder if Microsoft had their hands on the "code"...
    Haha I sometimes wonder the same thing.

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3
    a couple battery pulls and it should work fine, make sure the memory card is out during the pulls though.
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy