Have been using a Blackberry 8830 world edition for approximately the last nine months. On ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

buckeyebee no está en línea Stack level 1

Something eating up memory fast..3rd time recently...

Advertisement

Have been using a Blackberry 8830 world edition for approximately the last nine months. On Sprint service. About a month ago noticed that the film was not keeping a phone log. Found out the available memory had gone to zero.

Cleared some old files, applications etc. to free up memory. With say that within a week was back to zero memory. Cleaned things out again, and after two days again my available space is 50% gone.

Anyone have any ideas of what to look for? I saw something of an earlier thread about memory leakage on a few phones.

I had a Treo/Palm phone in the past and there was third-party software which allowed you to view the files on the phone as well as the additional memory chip. Is there anything available like that would be useful here?

Any help would be appreciated!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I would upgrade to the latest OS for your device, there is a memory leak on the OS for the 8830's both Verizon & Sprint. If you go to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E

or

www.Sprint.com/downloads

Then download the newer OS for your device and then load it. I think the memory leak problem is fixed with that version.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 07-03-2008 at 04:17 PM.

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    Another way to clear up some memory is to clear your Event Log, to do this, hold Alt and hit "L, G, L, G" Press the options button and "Clear log."

rpool no está en línea Stack level 2
    See http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynam...C&kcId=KB13814 for more information. This might help.

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    What is the purpose of the event log, and how much memory will one gain by deleting the log, is there a downside to deleting the event log?

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I have the latest SPRINT OS and I can tell you from experience that the memory leak problem is not fixed.

If you hit "alt LGLG" then hit your menu key, scroll to optuons the uncheck all but the provisionimg box, you will never have to clear you daily event long ever again and it will keep valuable memory free

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    if you have BB Today, get rid of that. never had the problem before i downloaded it. then for 2 weeks, it was battery pull after battery pull, and ALT=LGLG. once i removed it, problem dissappeared. hope this helps.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy_84 View Post
    Another way to clear up some memory is to clear your Event Log, to do this, hold Alt and hit "L, G, L, G" Press the options button and "Clear log."
    and dont forget to uncheck all the boxes to avoid the error log from filling up the memory again. that feature is for enterprise server and allows the account admin to view them remotely and make necessary adjustment to the device from their console on the enterprise server..

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Do you have WorldMate installed? I've recently been playing with it more and more and realized that it's like1.3 megs of memory all by itself. I uninstalled and of course that helped.

Another thing that significantly affected my memory (8830, not that in my head) was the new Beta version of Viigo. I have no idea why, but within hours of installing I noticed lots of memory slipping which stopped after uninstalling.

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    I'm ahving the same problem with viigo. I will try uninstalling.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ of course after replying to this thread and NOT having much of these symptoms over the years I now have email and phone logs disappearing. Very strange since I even followed my own advice uninstalling those heavy hitters. Darn it.

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    Is that ALT LGLG method hazardous to the BB?
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpringlez View Post
    Is that ALT LGLG method hazardous to the BB?
    No, it just clears a log file that was intended for use by BES Admins for troubleshooting purposes.

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3280610B
    Quote Originally Posted by crutcherk View Post
    I'm ahving the same problem with viigo. I will try uninstalling.
    After uninstalling Viigo the problem has reoccured almost every day.
    Am I going to pull the battery twice a day?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    thanks guys. i unchecked mine....guess lglg is a thing of the past now