I have a Verizon 8830 phone, at night I turn it off and charge it, ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

SMS Packet Error on 8830

Advertisement

I have a Verizon 8830 phone, at night I turn it off and charge it, then I turn it on in the morning. When I first go to send a sms txt message I get a PACKET ERROR and a red X next to the message. I then do a battery pull or soft reset, after that it works fine. When I spoke with Verizon they told me it was probably a software problem and to reinstall the operating system. I am running 4.2.2.176. Does anyone else have this problem and does the solution sound logical.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Please don't multi-post the same questions, I answered your question in your first post. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ket_error.html
    It takes time to weed through all the stuff on this site to help those in need. And multi-posting makes it harder. I hope this helps!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    ask
    Sorry was not sure what forum to put it on!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by bbueding View Post
    Sorry was not sure what forum to put it on!
    Its OK, do the best you can, I know it takes time to get an answer sometimes, and the Mods can always move it if need be.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    ask
    Verizon told me to re-install the OS, so I downloaded a fresh copy, and did that since it said it was the same, so the options were to repair or remove, so I said repair, it went through the paces took less than 5 minutes with the same results. Verison told me that if that didn't work they would replace the phone which I dont want since I have bestskins ever installed. I guess maybe I will wait for the next OS and see if that fixes it.