My g/f and I txt back and forth a lot. I have an 8830 and ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

deshotels no está en línea Stack level 1

Slow Send/Reply

Advertisement

My g/f and I txt back and forth a lot. I have an 8830 and she has my old 8800. When I get a lot of txts from her and send a lot, it stats to take several seconds after pressing 'send' before anything happens. Its like it hangs there. Also does similar when I hit 'r' for reply and it takes a few seconds. Seems to be pretty sluggish... dunno why 13 mb free memory. Just did a battery pull, and memory cleanup for kicks. So far nothing.... funny part is if someone else txt's me or I txt someone else, its fast like normal. Any help would be appreciated. Didn't see anything like this in my search.

Thanks,
    Ian

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~might be an invalid question, but does your gf have Sprint? Ice had similiar probs when it comes to textin Sprint users the message hangs in limbo for a while. Especially with mms!

layla17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've actually had similar problems... if I don't have a lot of memory on my BB 8830 could that be the problem? I have Verizon.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I have the same problem. I way I fixed it was when it started lagging instead of hitting reply I would shot them a new text and then it would start going as fast as it did again when we first started texting. Hope this helps.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When that happens to me I just delete all the messages... Makes it a lot faster

layla17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the help boob1029. It's driving me crazy.

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    Quote Originally Posted by layla17 View Post
    Thanks for the help boob1029. It's driving me crazy.

Anytime

deshotels no está en línea Stack level 1
    Even when I did delete all the messages, it only helped for a short time that day. Even though I have it set to dump every 15 days, I deleted over 2k messages and before the day was done I was having the same trouble...

It does seem to help when I go to >Compose SMS Text>Name>Send. Still seems to slow down when reading their txt's though.

marisaalexis no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hi I had the same problem and I realized that when I was reading I was reading the SMS history. Originally I had it set to show the last 30 messages in the thread. I changed it to 7 (under Options > SMS Text) and it is much faster when I click on new messages. Hope this helps!