Good morning, I am new to the forum and have a question. Is there a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jbange no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Sirius Sat and BB 8830

Advertisement

Good morning, I am new to the forum and have a question.

Is there a software program that can be downloaded to the BB 8830 (WE) that will allow me to stream my Sirius Sat subscription?

I have a co-worker of mine that just got a new Touch from sprint and he has been able to do it on his phone and now I am curious as if this can be acomplished with the BB8830.

Please let me know!

Thanks

Yester18 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Sirius Sat and BB 8830

I know windows mobiel devices do work, I had a q before and worked great. i don't think there is support for the BB at this time with sirius.

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3

You should do a search before you post. I written many threads regarding how to get xm radio to work, the same process can be used for sirius. the program is called uSirius and orb player do a search all your answers will be there.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by tafaghodi View Post
    You should do a search before you post. I written many threads regarding how to get xm radio to work, the same process can be used for sirius. the program is called uSirius and orb player do a search all your answers will be there.
    Providing a link would be very usefull instead of just telling someone to search. Have you found the answer to your question?

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

here is one off a different forum for you: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...check-out.html

Looks like it was orig. came from a Voyager page but looks like it works on the BB's as well

sdgeiger no está en línea Stack level 1

The instructions on the internet do not address the problem "Unsupported media type: application/sdp." I've followed the instructions throughly and I still get this message.

Hurtem no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

Quote Originally Posted by sdgeiger View Post
    The instructions on the internet do not address the problem "Unsupported media type: application/sdp." I've followed the instructions throughly and I still get this message.
    Same here. Doesn't look like it will work with the 8830

tafaghodi no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sdgeiger View Post
    you need to change the file type on the orb page to .3gp

you also have to have a BB OS that supports .3gp like the pearl

Hurtem no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

you need to change the file type on the orb page to .3gp

you also have to have a BB OS that supports .3gp like the pearl
    Yeah I'm hoping we get some support with 4.3, I can only pray since the latest version came out not too long ago and really didn't do much.

Latinalicious no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CF0982
    I found my link to XM Radio on my Sprint home page from my BB 8830/WE browser. I personally did not like the XM Radio, they do give you 14 days to try it. I have XM Radio through my SAT provider - DirecTv and I love it more than regular radio, but one thing for sure you're not going to like it for your Berry, the channels are very scarce.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The people at geekstoolbox.com are working on a web/java based application to listen to both Sirius and XM on the Blackberry. I'm a current tester for them. The main problem at first was they did not send a RTSP audio stream so the phones couldn't play. I was provided a test link two days ago as a proof of concept type test and I was able to receive audio on my 8830 running 4.5.0.77. The 8330 running 4.5.0.77 is not working. Not sure what the problem is. Both phones are Sprint. I will let everyone know when the testing goes public or is released to general public.

They had an awesome program for Windows Mobile devices that played Siruis and I loved it. There is a working Windows Vista/XP client to listen to the services and I know Mac is in development.