I recently ran into an old sim card that I had from back when I ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

shosh no está en línea Stack level 2

sim card error

Advertisement

I recently ran into an old sim card that I had from back when I had some crappy motorola phone with T-mobile. I decided to throw that in my 8830 to see if i cna pull up all my old phone numbers. It worked and I was able to access tons of numbers I had previously lost. That worked for a few day... until yesterday when I get the error "Error accessing SIM" when I try to access it from the address book and "No Valid SIM Card" in Options. I took out the T-mobile SIM and replaced it with the Sprint SIM and I get the exact same error.

Any suggestions, ideas?

Thanks in advance.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you try a battery pull of the phone with your Sprint SIM installed?
    Maybe you got to a low signal area, you have your network settings to 'global' and it wasn't until then that your phone tried accessing the GSM network only to find an invalid SIM.
    Later, you could also go to 'address book>menu>SIM Phone Book>>>menu>Copy All to Address Book' and then remove your old SIM so it doesn't happen again.

This is yet another untapped potential of the 8830 if you could transfer the regular Address book to the SIM all at once, since you can already sync whatever the SIM has to the phone's address book.

That makes sense as to why I have the error now. I put back my sprint card and tried to get it to get a GSM signal and it didn't fix it. I also did several battery pulls with the Sprint SIM in it and still same error. When I switched the network manually to GSM it actually said insert sim card although there was one already in it.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, here in the US you will not be able to connect to a gsm network because the 8830 only talks to the 900/1800 bands, which don't exist here. The 8830 is designed to use the cdma network everywhere that is available in north america, and the gsm network in other parts of the world.
    I'm assuming you were able to call your contacts from your T-mob sim, the phone pulled the number but called them using the sprint CDMA network, the connection itself had nothing to do with gsm.
    To activate your sprint sim call 880-226-7212 optn 2, give them your sim number (options>advanced options>sim card-with your sprint sim installed). The call and the activation will cost you nothing and you will get rid of the annoying error.

The crappy thing is it won't even show a sim card in options. It seems like my phone just won't recognize any of my sim cards
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ironfalcon2001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i am having the same problem with my sim card. i got some numbers off my t mobile phone and now it wont read my sprint sim card. when you figure out how to fix it let me know

PIN/ID
    LESS
    It may be a glotch associating with mixing sim cards that arent registered to that network. try calling customer care and see if they can shed some light on things

ironfalcon2001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i called sprint about this problem they said just to remove the sprint sim card since it is not used in the U.S.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Did your phone continue to work or is it still giving you a error message?