Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys I would like your opinion, I have 8703e and was wondering should I ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Question Should I jump to 8830, please give opinion?

Advertisement

Hi guys

I would like your opinion, I have 8703e and was wondering should I jump to 8830 or wait until next year for new models? Would like to know your opinions.

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Should I jump to 8830, please give opinion?

I like the 8830, it is an all around better phone. Many small features make it better for me. I say get it.

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Here is the rundown for me: VZW phone clarity is poor. Blue backlight on keyboard, makes keys hard to see in low light/ dark. Otherwise great! Maybe clarity will be better on Sprint and hopfully backlight is white.

PENorwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~personally, I love my 8830. Yes the backlight on the keyboard could be brighter but it has not been a major problem for me! My vote is get it!

unbreakableblue no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30463B82

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I like the 8830, it is an all around better phone. Many small features make it better for me. I say get it.
    haha I don't want to hear that!! I'm going to be ready for a new phone before I even get your 8703's... lol

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

My Brother-in-Law (at my nudging) decided to swap his 8703e (under 30 days old on a new service line) in for the 8830. In a case like that, I would no doubt do it. But, since I would have to pay full price... I'm going to keep my 8703e until next years models come (praying for the 8330.) My 87 still makes me happy and I still go for it first in the morning. Not too crazy on the trackball... but will have to get used to it when I DO upgrade. But, at this point, I still love my 8703e enough to hang on for a while....

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

im thinking the same thing myself i love my 7130e but me being the gotta have it cause its new person i am is a problem i dont want to pay full price for a phone with no camera (man that sucks) and the only major change i can see is the media player correct me if im wrong but damn

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i realy don't care about media player, I will hold on to my 8703e until sprint w/ rim come out with update and then take it from there. See what new models come next year.

Guys thank you for all of your opinions.

Thanks,
    Joe

timminsdude no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2060D30F

always remember one thing ... there will always be new product development... buy something that you KNOW you need ... if you just want it because it's new and the new features included are not what you need then don't bother

dmokha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c1eaec

8830 is worth every penny! I have been on every other platform & the new 4.XX 8830 rocks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    im thinking the same thing myself i love my 7130e but me being the gotta have it cause its new person i am is a problem i dont want to pay full price for a phone with no camera (man that sucks) and the only major change i can see is the media player correct me if im wrong but damn
    This is the exact reason I am sometimes still kicking myself for not sticking with the 7105t I had last year. I went with the upgrade to the Pearl after having 2 7105t's. I still have not used the mp3 player, camera or bought an SD card yet LOL (I keep my phone on silent so I have no real use for ringtones).

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the small size of the Pearl (other than the 7 days of cramps my thumbs endured learning to type on my first Pearl) but I just didn't think I would NOT use the media features. I think my next BB will definitely have SureType but also have a choice of whether I can get one without the camera, mp3 player and storage options.

brundlefly76 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've only had it 24 hours but I will probably return my Sprint 8830 and keep my TMobile 8700g.

I dont like the turn RIM took with this phones design - I dislike the trackball and kb much more then I thought I would, my BIS suddenly stopped working today, and the GPS and media functionality arent as appealing as I thought they would be, and I am kind of shocked at the finicky nature of EVDO vs TMobile EDGE. Plus I spent 5 hours trying to get tethering working to no avail.

I will take a shot at getting some support for the BIS and tethering issues, but if it wastes any more of my time its gone.

I also miss the lightweight plastic 'throw it across the room' form factor of the 8700g - the 8830 is a little too precious for how I treat my phones.

I thought the Blackberry Curve was a long overdue consumer move for BB, but they should have been more cautious with the 8800 series imho.

I will miss voice dialing dearly though - argh!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by brundlefly76
    I've only had it 24 hours but I will probably return my Sprint 8830 and keep my TMobile 8700g.

I dont like the turn RIM took with this phones design - I dislike the trackball and kb much more then I thought I would, my BIS suddenly stopped working today, and the GPS and media functionality arent as appealing as I thought they would be, and I am kind of shocked at the finicky nature of EVDO vs TMobile EDGE. Plus I spent 5 hours trying to get tethering working to no avail.

I will take a shot at getting some support for the BIS and tethering issues, but if it wastes any more of my time its gone.
    Here's some help for the tethering issue http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...easy_free.html

Naked Wife no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Anyone else think the keyboard is too loud (when typing) on the 8830? Is the 8703 this loud? I'm coming from a 7250 which is pretty quiet when typing. Keys are also a little cramped, but not too difficult to adjust to. What do you guys think?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

It does have a louder "click", making it difficult to type late at night with the spouse trying to sleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast