I have an issue with ring volume. I am running 4.5 Beta and so is ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Nawton no está en línea Stack level 1

Ring Volume

Advertisement

I have an issue with ring volume. I am running 4.5 Beta and so is a friend of mine and his ringtones are loud. Mine are very very quite. We have even swapped a few but the sound is much much lower on mine... Is there a fix and if there is can anyone tell me how? I am very new to the blackberry so if anyone could help please?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im assuming that you have an 8310, I cant be for sure (you may want to include your device in your profile). If you do have an 8310, then yes, the previous 4.5 OS ARE not loud enough. You may want to try the new offical 4.5 from AT&T found here- http://www.blackberry.com/updates This should fix your volume problem.

Sorry it is the 8830 World Phone

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    I also have an 8830world and seems like everybody who has one has had the same problem. I,too,had it when I was running 4.2.2.123,but don't anymore with 4.2.2.196,which is the latest acual 'released' os for our device. I didn't have the guts to put the 4.5 on mine,for fear of the many possible bugs in a beta version. You may get lucky and find anothr fearless stack who is running the 4.5 beta. Good luck,I know it was extremely aggravating when I had the problem.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nawton, I'm assuming you've gone into Profiles> whichever your active profile is> menu key> edit> Phone> and adjusted the Volumes in there to High.

If not, try that, if so, if you play the ringtone through your media app or when you're first associating it, is it similarly quiet?

It's not a great fix, but you can always run it through a sound editor and ramp up the volume (just rename them filenameLOUD.mp3 so you don't use them elsewhere!).

Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    Nawton, I'm assuming you've gone into Profiles> whichever your active profile is> menu key> edit> Phone> and adjusted the Volumes in there to High.

If not, try that, if so, if you play the ringtone through your media app or when you're first associating it, is it similarly quiet?

It's not a great fix, but you can always run it through a sound editor and ramp up the volume (just rename them filenameLOUD.mp3 so you don't use them elsewhere!).

I have played all my ringtones on the media player. Everyone is really loud. I have turn all volume controls on the phone to there maximum settings and still have low ringtones.

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    Sounds like a "beta-bug" to me

babybluetx23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same issue on my 8830 and I am running 4.2.2.196

ballj no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know this thread is over 4 weeks old but I have the 8830 worl edition on sprint network and I just upgraded to 4.2.2.322 that did fix the volume problem that the 8830 seems to have.