Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My 8800 is awesome. Learning something new everyday. I have no problems with echoing or ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Returned my 8830

Advertisement

My 8800 is awesome. Learning something new everyday. I have no problems with echoing or anything of that sort.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Everyone I call tells me my phone SUCKS! I'm on my second 8830 in 2 weeks and still have the same issues. I came from Nextel with my old bb7520. I didnt have the same issues then. I love the new BB8830, but everyone complains about the background noise and shakey voice. Is it the service thru Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by periopnurse
    It seems that the problems I had with it are shared by some, while others have no problems at all. After going back to the 8703e, I realize how much I liked the new design of the 8830. Considering going to another Verizon location to see if I can get another 'batch number' of the phone to test the quality. If they've got a working demo, I'll have the sales person call me to see how it sounds while receiving a call. If it turns out OK, I'd probably grab another 8830 right on the spot!!
    Leon
    Did you go to another Verizon dealer and get a new 8830? was it better?

Quote Originally Posted by siikworm
    I'm on my third 8830, and all have suffered from the echo issue and awful background noise.

i'm hoping a fix comes before my 30-day refund window closes.
    Any news / fix on your issues? I have the same and I'm on my 2nd 8830. Like you, I need to do something before the 30 days is up!

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile Re: Returned my 8830

Quote Originally Posted by jgirly2
    My 8800 is awesome. Learning something new everyday. I have no problems with echoing or anything of that sort.

Are you enjoying your GPS?

2harsh4u no está en línea Stack level 1

On my 2nd BB 8830 - I'll find out this evening if the echo and hypersensitive mic issues are gone.
    I'm on day 2 of the 30-day trial.
    Otherwise, I'm returning it and getting the Pearl from AT&T

I'm going to order a new 8830 from Sprint and take the other 8830 back to Verizon. I'm hoping the issue is with the service.

siikworm no está en línea Stack level 1

sgardiner:

unfortunately i never found a fix for the 8830 so i bought an iphone and haven't looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by siikworm
    sgardiner:

unfortunately i never found a fix for the 8830 so i bought an iphone and haven't looked back.
    You will be Back in Black...berry soon. I bet you won't like typing on the ip. I looked at the curve today. I also made calls with it. It is A LOT more clear! Both on my end and for the other party.The problem must be with VZ service. I'm taking my. 8830 back to Verizon and switching to ATT Curve.

2harsh4u no está en línea Stack level 1

Returning my 2nd BB 8830 - the echo and hypersensitive mic issues won't go away.
    Most likely will switch to AT&T Pearl

levicole no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by akosnitzky
    Are you enjoying your GPS?
    lol! what GPS?

Does anyone think its worth getting a GPS puck? I've found a few that say that it works with the 8830, but I dont know a person that actually has used one...

PS...Im a new guy...first post.

iheartbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by levicole
    lol! what GPS?

Does anyone think its worth getting a GPS puck? I've found a few that say that it works with the 8830, but I dont know a person that actually has used one...

The GPS that is built in, but which was hacked by Verizon so you can't use it. They want to rake more money out of you in the future by charging you to "enable" it.

nuromri@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 1

Three days into an 8830. Sound quality superb on both ends, much better on my end than on my Q which it replaced. So far a spectacular phone.

bgerber no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone noticed this same 8830 noise hypersensitivity on the VZW 8703e? I was about to buy the VZW 8703e until I thought I heard the same problem on one in a VZW store yesterday. Thanks

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by levicole
    lol! what GPS?

If I am correct she is on an 8800 from AT&T and the GPS works right out of the box. I have google maps and use the "direction to" option from one point to another every now and then. It is amazing to watch the blue dot on my bb move as I move in my car and turn when I turn going down the exact same street. I am not sure what you mean when you say "puck", but, the 8800 GPS (AT&T) works right out of the box !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast