Hello, I had a new 8830 set-up perfectly. I have Verizon, and had my Comcast ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

lady_guenhyvere no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32COB7AF

Question Replacement 8830: Trouble registering and getting e-mail setup

Advertisement

Hello,
    I had a new 8830 set-up perfectly. I have Verizon, and had my Comcast e-mail coming into my phone, as set-up. I broke my phone, and rec'd a new replacement from Asurion. Every time I try to setup the e-mail option, it does not give me the option of setting up my own e-mail, as before. I only get the Blackberry server option. I have gone into the Verizon/Blackberry registration site, and after entering in my PIN and ESN, I am told the device is registered to another service provider.

I also did resend the registration from the phone from the device options menu.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Annie

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Replacement 8830: Trouble registering and getting e-mail setup

It sounds like Assurion didn't clear the PIN on the (presumably refurb) phone they replaced for you.

I had a similar ituation. You'll need to contact Verizon's BB support and have them research the PIN and ESN and release it from their server
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Replacement 8830: Trouble registering and getting e-mail setup

All you have to do is register the Host Routing Table. Follow these steps options-advanced options- host routing table- hit the blackberry button-select register now

As soon as you get the message in your inbox that says registration complete you will be able to set up your email again. There are plenty of these out of the box that have the same issue. Not sure why but its not an Asurian thing. Its on about half the BB's from RIM