All, Love the 8830 but I loved it a little too much recently and put ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

patoot no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Replace window lens on 8830

Advertisement

All,

Love the 8830 but I loved it a little too much recently and put a small crack in the window lens. I bought a repoacement part from cellulardr.com, but I don't have instructions on how to remove the old lens. I took a look at some online videos about replacing the front plate on the 8800 - but the 8830 seems to have a two piece plate on the front (the lens and the plate over the keyboard versus the one-piece front of the 8800) so I'm not sure I need to go through the hassle of unscrewing the back and removing the side plates.

If anyone has done this successfully, I would love to know more about how.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by patoot; 11-21-2007 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Replace window lens on 8830

patoot no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Replace window lens on 8830

Thanks for the link, but that is the video I was referring to earlier (for replacing the LCD for the 8800).

The 8800 has a single molded face plate while the 8830 has a two piece configuration. Looking at the back of the replacement part, it looks like the plate may not need screws, but I wanted to make sure with the rest of the pstackers first.

indie5962 no está en línea Stack level 1

Any Luck?

Didi you ever get an answer to this. I have the same issue and would liket o know before i crack mine open...