I have an Old 8830 that was on Bell (So CDMA Phone) and now that ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Ontittech no está en línea Stack level 1

Removing My Number from Old 8830

I have an Old 8830 that was on Bell (So CDMA Phone) and now that we have switched to Telus, I am looking to get rid of my old bell 8830, The problem is, I don't want it going with my old phone number still on it. I have ported my Number to Telus, and it is working fine on my new 8830, but It still shows in the Call Log under My Number, and I can't figure out how to remove this.

I have wiped the berry, and wiped with content protection on, and everything else disapears, but my phone number is still there

can anyone help?

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok it should be under advanced options. On my 8320 its under option sim card. But since yours is a cdma version I'm guessing its under something similar.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Call the carrier and get the MSL code for it.

Once they give you that, type in # # 7 8 6 and enter that code.

Ontittech no está en línea Stack level 1
    N8DBB, Close but not Cigar LOL. Actually its just ## then the MSL and then change the Phone number.
    I ended up having to go through a dozen bell reps before I got one that would give me the MSL's that I needed

Thanks for you help though

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    True...However, doing # # 7 8 6 and then putting in the MSL would wipe the device completely of everything and reboot it into "Activation Required" mode.

clough no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ontittech View Post
    I have an Old 8830 that was on Bell (So CDMA Phone) and now that we have switched to Telus, I am looking to get rid of my old bell 8830, The problem is, I don't want it going with my old phone number still on it. I have ported my Number to Telus, and it is working fine on my new 8830, but It still shows in the Call Log under My Number, and I can't figure out how to remove this.

I have wiped the berry, and wiped with content protection on, and everything else disapears, but my phone number is still there

can anyone help?

btsberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Correct Answer

To remove the manually assigned phone number from a Blackberry 8830:

To remove the phone number which is the (only?) piece of info not removed with a master wipe, do the following (Verizon-specific perhaps):

SEND ##000000 SEND

Here you will find a screen with "Mobile Directory Number" and your old phone number. Scroll to the end of the line and use backspace to delete all entries. Then type in "0" 10 times (or anything you wish, really). [If you don't perform this last step, then when the phone reboots it will revert to having your phone number manually programmed in.]

Now, repeat the same for the field listed just below as "IMSI", i.e. enter "0000000000" or whatever you want.

Then, press the trackball, scroll sown and select "Save". Phone will reset and when it is done, your phone number will be gone and the number "assigned" to the phone will be whatever you punched in above, e.g. "000-000-0000"

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    What's your ESN DEC? I'll get you the MSL. You'll need to go in to the CDMA service edit screen and type over your number in the top two fields.

shershah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, it worked for me :-)

FLberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Guys, i've got a bberry 8830 World Edition and facing two problems:
    1 - i'm unable to find a screen to change 'My Number'.
    2 - I'm unable to install yahoo/gtalk IM's on my phone. Error: handset not meeting requirements.

This phone was originally with Sprint and Current OS: 4.2.

Pls help ..

Regards,
    Simar

andykoq no está en línea Stack level 1
    Guys I also have a similar problem, I've a BB 8830 W.E and can't seem to be able to change the number at the top to my own number.
    I can't also redial numbers I've already called b'cos I get a message wrong number dialled unless I manually type them all over again each time I've to make a call .
    I see my country code added to the dialled number.
    Any help please on how to resolve this issue cos I'm confused:

Regards,
    andykoq

nishualex no está en línea Stack level 1

Question ##000000 entered thrice and it kept saying incorrect password.

Quote Originally Posted by btsberry View Post

To remove the phone number which is the (only?) piece of info not removed with a master wipe, do the following (Verizon-specific perhaps):

SEND ##000000 SEND

Here you will find a screen with "Mobile Directory Number" and your old phone number. Scroll to the end of the line and use backspace to delete all entries. Then type in "0" 10 times (or anything you wish, really). [If you don't perform this last step, then when the phone reboots it will revert to having your phone number manually programmed in.]

Now, repeat the same for the field listed just below as "IMSI", i.e. enter "0000000000" or whatever you want.

Then, press the trackball, scroll sown and select "Save". Phone will reset and when it is done, your phone number will be gone and the number "assigned" to the phone will be whatever you punched in above, e.g. "000-000-0000"

##000000 entered thrice and it kept saying incorrect password. This turned the device off. Any ideas?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    What is it you are trying to do, nishualex?
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

Nate650 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by btsberry View Post

SEND ##000000 SEND

This worked for me on Bold 9930, thanks!