1.will my itunes mp3 and mp4 (which are copyright protected) play on it or no? ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tfc25 no está en línea Stack level 2

random questions about 8830

Advertisement

1.will my itunes mp3 and mp4 (which are copyright protected) play on it or no?
    2. If I turn it into my work bb - that is IT formats it to my companys specs - can they monitor my personal/other email accounts? What about my phone calls? (Since this is technically my personal device).

I have another question but of course I've forgotten it. Will return with more ques

Re: random questions about 8830

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I remembered! The other question dealt with durabilty. I currently have the 8703. Do you find there is a lot of scratches on the screen, casing? I feel like it took months to get anything on the 8703e - and not because it has a black casing.

Thanks all!

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well for question 1)coptright protected music will not play (at least none of my WMA protected music has) and that is my understanding for all protected music

2) My bet would be that a) calls, no b) personal email via BIS, no

My understanding of BES tells me that any internet activity that runs through the "blackberry browser" (as opposed to the internet browser) is routed through the BES server and thus the server rules and thus can be monitored.

Anyone else want to tackle that last part and verify my facts?

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

Then can log SMS and PIN messages even if they are going to contacts outside of your company network. They have to have the newest server version, but I think most companies would have upgraded. I googled this information when I first got it as well.

Not that I really have any secrets to hide, but I decided to use verizon's BIS to get my corporate email because we can access it though a website when we aren't on a work computer. Somehow BIS works. Its delayed about 15 min and all I lose is the calendar sync which I can do at night anyway over USB. Our IT policy disables OTA sync of contacts and tasks anyway.

I guess it depends on how many company emails you have. You can try the BIS and see how it works, then you can always add BES later.

bumping my own thread cause there have been minimal responses