I am have strange issues on my BB-8830 for the past couple of weeks (since ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

sarj no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Problems accessing some websites using VZW Access Manager and thethering 8830

Advertisement

I am have strange issues on my BB-8830 for the past couple of weeks (since I came back from Europe) and as usual, VZW Data Support isn't able to help.....

I am unable to get to simple websites like yahoo.com, msn.com and verizonwireless.com from my PC using the tethered connection but am able to get to sites like purple.com (VZW choice of test), aa.com, nwa.com and gmail.com.

All of the sites above work with my normal LAN connection so the issue is only with the VZW Broadband Access connection. Every time I go to one of the sites that don't work, I get a message in the bottom left hand corner of the IE browser stating that "Web site found, waiting for reply...." and the screen is just white. No text, no images and no data! Regardless on how long I keep the page open. However, if I open up a command prompt while tethered, I can ping these sites without any issues.

To make things even worse, I have tried tethering on three different machines (2 with XP and one with Vista) and I get the same results.........Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

VZW Data Support is telling me that since I am in Canada (Toronto), the tethered feature will not work but that is not true because I have been using it for over 2-3 months now without ANY issues and if this was truly correct, I wouldn't be able to get to any of the other sites.

Any idea? Recommendations? Anyone else having similar issues? Anyone willing to test this for me and let me know if these sites work for them?

Any help is appreciated!

Sarj

sarj no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Problems accessing some websites using VZW Access Manager and thethering 8830

I already did those options and unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. Further, since I am in Toronto for a couple of weeks, I can not perform a *228 because it doesn't work here.

What's strange is that VZW sells a America's Choice Canada plan but none of their features work in Canada (*86, *228, #MIN, etc.) so unless someone has "secret solution" I may be stuck with this for a while. ;-)

azmoto no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Problems accessing some websites using VZW Access Manager and thethering 8830

Wow , no responses with such a condescending attitude??? I guess us VZW reps that help in the forum will just sit this one out. Have fun in Canada ... :cry: