Alrighty guys, I got a dilemma, a friend has the sprint 8830 and has tried ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Problem installing new OS on 8830

Advertisement

Alrighty guys, I got a dilemma, a friend has the sprint 8830 and has tried to install the new OS.. And when he is finished, the original is the only thing that is installed... The BB site states that the newer OS is there, but when it installs, it remains the older version... Weve tried everything that the search feature has had to offer. And still have not found a solution... So could anyone, help??

PUHLEASE!!!!
    thanks a bunch.... J
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Re: Problem installing new OS on 8830

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did you call sprint bb support? Did you download it from sprint website?

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I didn't think there was a new OS yet for that phone.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

I downloaded the 4.2.2.240 package from the Blackbery website for Sprint Spectrum since Sprint doesn't have anything on their website. I called BB support last night, they had me do the #786 (maybe some other three digit code) which reset my phone (but left my apps installed?) I have been promised a call back around 4:30pm et today to see if this resolves my problem. I doubt it since I have already done this. I think it's the phone as I work 45 miles away from where I live and I have the same problem with either the 1XEV going to 1xev, 1X, 1x, or nothing at all. I get a message in the browser at times saying that there isn't any coverage, etc... Regardless of teathering or not. I'll post my outcome.

I called Sprint on Friday and they opened a ticket. I was informed that I would receive a call over the weeekend and that it would take less than 36 hours to have a resolution. I took a trip to NC on Friday and could barely keep a signal anywhere along the trip. Called Sprint back today and was informed that the 36 hours does not include weekends and they only count 8 hours a day?!? I was told that it could take up to THIS friday before my ticket was closed. After speaking with Retention (who sent my the phone to begin with), they are sending me a replacement..... I just can't wait until this Friday for the "support ticket" to be closed with the notes of "replace the phone"...

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81
    I downloaded the 4.2.2.240 package from the Blackbery website for Sprint Spectrum since Sprint doesn't have anything on their website. I called BB support last night, they had me do the #786 (maybe some other three digit code) which reset my phone (but left my apps installed?) I have been promised a call back around 4:30pm et today to see if this resolves my problem. I doubt it since I have already done this. I think it's the phone as I work 45 miles away from where I live and I have the same problem with either the 1XEV going to 1xev, 1X, 1x, or nothing at all. I get a message in the browser at times saying that there isn't any coverage, etc... Regardless of teathering or not. I'll post my outcome.
    You should have already had the latest software. I got my 8830 right when it came out and the software version on my phone is the same that is on the site.

I received the new phone and it appears to be working flawlessly. I noticed the splash screen appears to be the old Sprint logo and not the "Sprint Ahead" one. The software versions on the phones are identical... Not sure why there is a difference but if it all works, who cares.