Hi, Does anyone knows how to use/ is it possible to use the Ineternet connection ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

kumara1982 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it possible to use the internet of the PC on Blacberry 8830 by interfacing it 2 PC

Advertisement

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to use/ is it possible to use the Ineternet connection of the PC by interfacing the Blacberry 8830 with it, and browse?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Is it possible to use the internet of the PC on Blacberry 8830 by interfacing it 2 PC

Why would you want to browse using the BB when the PC is available? The screen is so small and the refresh times are long.

I know you can thether your BB to a laptop and use the bB as a modem, but I don't think you can go the other way around and use the PC as your modem for the BB.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Re: Is it possible to use the internet of the PC on Blacberry 8830 by interfacing it 2 PC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think they mean tethering the BB to a desktop like you would a laptop.... Unless of course I'm reading that wrong... Can't tell now. Anyway, if anyone knows please tell, I'd like to know as well.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Is it possible to use the internet of the PC on Blacberry 8830 by interfacing it 2 PC

You can use the internet of your device to tether your home computer, but it is impossible for now to use the internet from your computer to make your BB access the internet.
    The BB 8320 should be out with WIFI which will allow what you are probably looking for.

Hope this helps

Sn1p3r
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~why would you want to do that anyway? Unless your BB has a bigger dispay that your PC.

jigxerjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319F0748

tethered modem, I use it all the time, very very fast... all you need is BB, usb chord, and BB desktop software 4.1 and above... send me a message or BBM, ill and I can walk you threw it...
    "When a man playing poker with money meets a man playing poker with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."