Results 1 to 9 of 9

Please help me install opera mini and gmail app in Blackbeery 8830. I am on ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

  1. #1
    smk135's Avatar
    smk135 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5

    Question Plzz help me Install opera mini in BB 8830 (sprint) without BB Data Plan

    Advertisement



    Please help me install opera mini and gmail app in Blackbeery 8830. I am on sprint network with no BIS or BES but I have regular $15 unlimited data plan.

    I am new here and really appreciate for your time to help me go through step by step process.

  2. #2
    Djmarbll's Avatar
    Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    Posts
    213
    Sorry to tell you, but you're not gonna be able to download anything without a BB data plan. A regular data plan is useless on a Blackberry device. You must have a BB data plan to experience the internet use the device is built for.

  3. #3
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    I'm sure you cab download a zip from somewhere. I'm currently mobile so I cannot think of one at the moment. I'm guessing you're trying to browse the bet using wifi? If so I'm pretty sure there is zip for ya out there.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  4. #4
    smk135's Avatar
    smk135 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Djmarbll View Post
    Sorry to tell you, but you're not gonna be able to download anything without a BB data plan. A regular data plan is useless on a Blackberry device. You must have a BB data plan to experience the internet use the device is built for.
    Hi Djmarball,

    Thanks for your opinion. However I have read on this site that some user were able to download Opera mini successfully without BB Data Plan. Here is the discussion about that: http://forums.pinstack.com/f66/black...19/index2.html

  5. #5
    smk135's Avatar
    smk135 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I'm sure you cab download a zip from somewhere. I'm currently mobile so I cannot think of one at the moment. I'm guessing you're trying to browse the bet using wifi? If so I'm pretty sure there is zip for ya out there.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Hi raton,

    Thanks for your reply. Since I do not have Wifi in Blackberry 8830 (sprint) phone so I am trying to download Opera mini by any other way..

    Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

  6. #6
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    I dunno if this'll work. Anyway, here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

  7. #7
    smk135's Avatar
    smk135 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I dunno if this'll work. Anyway, here you go.
    How can I install this ZIP file in my phone?

  8. #8
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    You can't. You have to download and unzip it onto your PC/laptop, then install through Desktop Manager.

  9. #9
    smk135's Avatar
    smk135 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    You can't. You have to download and unzip it onto your PC/laptop, then install through Desktop Manager.

    Thanks RogerG, I will try that and update if it works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •