so i found this on youtube (type in "blackberry 8830 and 8330 4.5 OS") and ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

petaa7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Please help me!

Advertisement

so i found this on youtube (type in "blackberry 8830 and 8330 4.5 OS") and it worked.

now, after it finished, i can't find my ringers, and when i try to set the profiles, it won't let me do so. it's really pissing me off because i thought everything would be okay.

now, when i downloaded this, it didn't give mt eh desktop manager so i honestly don't know if saved version 4.2 or not. i was wondering if you guys knew what do to or how i could switch back to version 4.2 again.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go Here and redownload your original OS. Make sure to delete whatever OS you just downloaded. Restart your PC and then plug in your device. Open desktop manager and reload the original OS.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by petaa7 View Post
    so i found this on youtube (type in "blackberry 8830 and 8330 4.5 OS") and it worked.
    as much as this can be done i would never ever do anything of this sort again, thats why there are different model phones because they utilize and have different features, especially since yours is the world edition which is completely different from the curve, stick with your models own OS i know the wait for 4.5 is long and painful but it will be here soon enough (i hope )
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

petaa7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Go here and redownload your original OS. Make sure to delete whatever OS you just downloaded. Restart your PC and then plug in your device. Open desktop manager and reload the original OS.
    wow that you so much! i'll leave this OS for a few days to see if it won't bother me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by rjs87 View Post
    as much as this can be done i would never ever do anything of this sort again, thats why there are different model phones because they utilize and have different features, especially since yours is the world edition which is completely different from the curve, stick with your models own OS i know the wait for 4.5 is long and painful but it will be here soon enough (i hope )
    yea i understand what you mean. but the video tutorial was actually for the 8830. thanks for your help! much appreciated. i honestly can't wait for 4.5 to come out it's been over a year and nothing yet from RIM. i doubt one is ever going to come out.