I have an 8830 with Verizon and whenever I receive a picture message, I get ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

smalls no está en línea Stack level 2

Picture messages w/ 8830

I have an 8830 with Verizon and whenever I receive a picture message, I get a text message that directs me to retrieve my picture message at www.vzwpix.com. Is there a way to receive the actual picture message without having to be diverted to login another site? I remember with the Pearl I was able to receive the messages directly... is this done because the 8830 doesn't have a camera or is it a Verizon thing?

xsists no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Picture messages w/ 8830

You need to have the sender send it to your email that is coming to the device and you can just open/download the attachment. You cannot have them send it to your number as a regular mms.

mista no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have an 8830 with Sprint and I had the sender to send the pictures to my email address, nothing is showed. When I clicked Open Attachment or Download Attachment, Nothing happened, what should I do?

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Blog Entries
    I am not too familiar with vzw but I know with the Telus picture message website they have an option to forward the message deposited on their picture site to an email add. I set up this option to forward the picture message to a email address that I have linked to my berry and I could look @ the pictures this way. As I said I am not sure how the website is set up or if it even has options but woeth a shot. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Blog Entries
    hmm i'm not on verizon, but I would suggest checking with verizon and making sure your account is provisioned correctly because i know the 8820 with att can receive mms without any issues at all.

swantzilla no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does Verizon forward picture messages?

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I have a Verizon 8830 and just emailed myself with a pic attached and had no problems viewing the attachment once opening it. I don't use messaging so I can't really comment on that.

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just so everyone knows. I jumped from
    AT&T to Verizon and this issue sucks! I have spent wasted hours on phone and in person at a main store with techs on site! I actually knew more than everyone and that is sad! They didn't even know that the posted link below was on their own website! The link below is suppose to solve this issue, however you will find that you are locked out from disabling your firewall ... thanks again to Verizon!

http://dts.vzw.guided.atomz.com/exec...olve%20this%3F

cholman97 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Debias I am not sure why that would even work... it says nothing about mms anyway

jbairdjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    My daughter sends picture text mssages to my Gmail address, and they come as a normal email attachment. Text messages with MMS dont come through.
    It took a while< but all of my address book uses my email instead of cell number

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Debias View Post
    Just so everyone knows. I jumped from
    AT&T to Verizon and this issue sucks! I have spent wasted hours on phone and in person at a main store with techs on site! I actually knew more than everyone and that is sad! They didn't even know that the posted link below was on their own website! The link below is suppose to solve this issue, however you will find that you are locked out from disabling your firewall ... thanks again to Verizon!

http://dts.vzw.guided.atomz.com/exec...olve%20this%3F
    Verizon decided that if you don't have a camera, you don't need picture messages, it's not only the BlackBerry.
    As for the firewall, mine is disabled, I believe it was disabled when I got it. I have enabled it before when I wanted to block sms for a bit, but was easy to disable again.

meta582 no está en línea Stack level 1
    each time i receive a picture message that has the redirect link i simply forward that text message to my gmail then using opera mini you can view the email and pic attached ;-)