I ported my number over from verizon to my sprint 8830. That worked fine but ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

djchrisjlv no está en línea Stack level 1

Number porting question

I ported my number over from verizon to my sprint 8830. That worked fine but the the phone number that is displayed as my number on my phone stills displays the old number. So that when I reply to text messages it puts the old number as the number that sent the text messages. Is there anything I can do to change this.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Number porting question

Whats the old number? I mean if you ported your number from vzw, the number you had there would be the number on your 8830, so is there another number that used to be associated with that phone?
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

peoples_flip no está en línea Stack level 2

You need to complete the CDMA programming on the device. Call Sprint ask for your device's unlock code and IMSI_I number.

To get into the programming menu the dialing pattern from the "Phone Screen" is as follows:
    ##XXXXXX and then press "Enter"
    NOTE: xxxxxx = 6 digit unlock code

Once in the Programming Menu, make sure your Mobile Directory number is the 10-digit local number (your phone number that people use to call you) and that the IMSI_I number is the ported number Sprint has obtained from your previous service provider (Verizon).
    Last edited by peoples_flip; 03-04-2008 at 10:41 AM.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8

If you want to bypass the morons at Sprint BB support that will take 30 minutes to reach, then another 30 minutes to understand what you are needing, shoot me an email with your phone number and the ESN HEX off of the BlackBerry.

The HEX can be found by going to Options-Status.

I can pretty much instantly shoot you over the correct programing information.