Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recently upgraded my OS to the new 4.5.0.101 that became available. Now, nothing is ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Izzyontheeyes no está en línea Stack level 2

Nothing Updates after ungrade

Advertisement

I recently upgraded my OS to the new 4.5.0.101 that became available. Now, nothing is updated: not Myspace, Facebook, and BB Web Singals. Viigo is ok and I'm still getting messages. I resent the service books but so far nothing doing. Any suggestions?
    Thanks guys

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Izzy,

Not sure what you mean by "nothing is updated". Those apps aren't working or what?

RoGro, they do work, meaning I can go into them and they're fine, but I don't get updates. For example, I subscribe to the NYTimes Bits Web Signal. When there is new info on the signal, the icon changes color. Now it doesn't despite the fact that new articles have posted. So that's what I mean by no updates~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Gotcha, Izzy. Thanks for the clarification.

Have you tried a battery pull?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    What OS were you running originally? Did you delete the apps and reinstall the latest version? Most of the 4.2 apps work fine when upgrading to 4.5 but not all of them (colorpearl for example).

Zo

I updated from a previous 4.5 beta. And yes I did a battery pull several times. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sambo57u no está en línea Stack level 1
    You may have to login/register again with applications after upgrade.
    Some of my 3rd party applications automatically ask for re-registration
    when you use them the first time after an upgrade.

Sambo, I did that as well. I even reinstalled some apps. Like Facebook, I deleted and reinstalled the app, updated my settings on the actual site, and I'm still not getting updates when I'm supposed to.
    Did anyone else upgrade to that specific beta? Maybe it's an OS issue? I'd hate to have to downgrade back to 4.5.0.51, because it was soo slow.

sambo57u no está en línea Stack level 1
    Many people updated to this version as I can see from other forums
    as well ,including myself. Have not seen this problem reported elsewhere
    yet, and I am not using any of the programs you are mentioning. Could it
    be a problem with permission setting under Tools->Security Options->
    Application Permissions ?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    For Facebook and myspace also try logging into them on your computer and checking your notification settings. I recently went a couple days with no facebook notifications and in my account all notifications had been reset to no. I saw here on PS that others had discovered this so check into that.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I checked my notifications, and they are on. Funny thing though, when I go into my app permissions, facebook is not on there, but it is on the app list, and it's definitely on my device. Now what?

That's because the permissions for Facebook are fixed, can't be edited. If you go to Advanced Options/Applications/then hit menu there is no edit permissions option. But go to let's say, viigo, and it has the option. But mine is still sending notifications. You've already tried deleting and re-installing the app. Did you try deleting the facebook service book then re-sending?
    Twitter? My Apps List

I went to advanced options>app and there is an option to edit default permissions. One of them was on custom, but I changed it to allow.
    As for serivce books, I went into Opt>Adv>Service Book, but I can't find it for Facebook. Is it under like some odd name that wouldn't be obvious that it's FB?
    And if so, I can guess how to delete a service book, but how would I resend it for FB?

Well I have a service book named Facebook so if you don't then that could be the problem. You can delete any service book and then when you log into your BIS account and resend it will resend all. Sometimes just resending won't fix a corrupt service book and requires deleting first then re-sending. I have found myself needing to do this with my Browser service book after each 4.5 upgrade/downgrade I do because of missing Browser configuration options. I can resend, wipe and reload the OS and it won't be fixed, but delete that service book then resend and that fixes it for me.
    Twitter? My Apps List

By logging into BIS, you mean to ge into the email settings icon, and then hit resend, right? I just want to make sure that I don't brick my berry. So I'll delete the browser SB (because you said so! lol) and then resend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast