Hey does anyone know if you can use Norton Smartphone security on 8830, I know ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Erogers15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    306371F8

Question Norton Smartphone Security

Advertisement

Hey does anyone know if you can use Norton Smartphone security on 8830, I know it doesnt list it on the system requirements but it says not all are listed.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 03-22-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: text formatting

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Their site states: The Symbian® and the Microsoft® Windows Mobile® platforms are supported

The BB is not as open to the problems that those above have. Save your money.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think it's totally unnecessary.
    Although there has been one or two proof of concept vulnerabilities announced in the distant past on Blackberries, they are favored by businesses all over for a reason, they are very secure devices by design.
    Even if it works, the suit you mention would just be bloatware on your phone eating at system resources for no reason because in fact the BB OS already has implementations that address those very issues.
    Enable your firewall and set your 3rd party app permissions as applicable to prevent any funny business thay may crop up.

PIN/ID
    306371F8
    You know how the newest os update lets you block sms from addresses not in your address book. Well that update apparently is not for my phone and that is what i really need.

I'm looking forward to that feature as well. With Sprint right now though I have the option of 'post fact' going to my account manager and block sms from specified addresses
    They used to have a 'block everyone but' list choice as well but disappeared when my account went to ensemble.

Cheers

PIN/ID
    306371F8
    and does anyone know why my call forwarding option is not in my phone options menu?

Strange, it's not under phone>menu>options?

I have -general options, voice mail, call logging, call forwarding,smart dialing, etc...in that order.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    306371F8
    yeah on one of my friends its like that but on mine that option is gone