First, I have no immediate plans to travel with the $$ so down but I ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2

"Normal" phone book v. Sim phone book???

Advertisement

First, I have no immediate plans to travel with the $$ so down but I did get the 8830 WORLD EDITION just in case....

I think that I have read that with a Sim card (and I have one from Verizon) there are TWO separate phone books??? Is this true?

How do people use these two phone books? Do you keep them in sync? If I were to travel to Europe would I have to move/copy all (or some) of my contacts to this second phone book or is my what I call NORMAL phone book also available? How do you copy/move stuff between them? Is there access to it from Desktop manager or some other way?

Since I also opted to unlock the sim aspect of my phone, if I got a "foreign" sim card, how would I get phone numbers in there once away from my desktop computer?

Or am I just confused about any of these issues?

Thanks in advance.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes there is the option to export all your contacts to your phone and also to save them on your sim card i would suggest use them both the simcard just incase your phone goes bad there saved on there the phone is the primarry access to your cotacts and also once your int phone directory hit options and scroll down to sim phone book that gives you access to your sim book and when your in the sim directory hit options and then export cotacts to blackberry phone book hope this helps and you can also back up all your settings to your computer

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    to copy numbers to your sim from your normal phone book meaning " the phones directory" you have to do it one by one as well. email me if you have any other questions or pin me