Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just called Verizon about VZ Navigator for the 8830, and was told emphatically that ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

No Vz Navigator For 8830

Advertisement

I just called Verizon about VZ Navigator for the 8830, and was told emphatically that it is not available for the 8830 because the phone is not "get it now capable"! What is the story? Please help!!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: No Vz Navigator For 8830

on your 8830 go to http://solutions.vzwshop.com you should see it there at the bottom.

I have a link of http://solutions.vzwshop.com/vzstart/bb/vzw_vznav.html
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jaydabee no está en línea Stack level 3

It works fine on my 8820. The GPS even works with google maps. Oh wait, that's an AT&T phone. I almost forgot that I left those lying ahoes at Verizon.

BTW, the network at AT&T is fine. I can also surf the net just as well as I could with my Verizon 8830 "World Phone" that didn't work overseas because of their idiot salesman who didn"t know what a SIM card was or how to sign me up for international service. MFer wasted a week of my life in Paris and I will never forgive Verizon for that!

Excuse me while I go surf the web on my uber fast Wi-Fi connection and listen to XM radio on my 8820 now.
    Watch what you say,
    they'll be calling you
    a Radical, a Liberal,
    Fanatical, a Criminal . . .

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: 8830 VZ Nav Download

Did you subscribe for the feature from Verizon?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Did you subscribe for the feature from Verizon?
    Good catch. I'm used to their regular phones prompting you to accept subscription before you download it. I just checked and it tells you to call and add it, not an "accept" feature like the phones have... so could be the app is closing due to no subscription.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

I would be surprised that it would close instead of the app telling the user they need a subscription, but that was the first thing I thought of was the subscription...will be interesting to find out...

PIN/ID
    ask

So I called Verizon they added VZ Nav to my acct told me to call *228 option 2, pulled the battery and the same thing, back to the menu when I hit the VZ icron.

Okay, so now that you have the service, you could try deleting VZNav from your Applications list, then download and reinstall it once more...

58vette no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3049D993

ive tried it all you need the updated OS to get it to work and verizon hasnt put one out yet however tellus has

PIN/ID
    3049D993

cliff u have an 8130 it is available on that model it isnt an option on the 8830 yet they are still working on it but i believe if u install the new os from tellus it will work i havent had a chance to try yet, its an os problem at this point

PIN/ID
    ask

ok un-installed app and re-installed app and the same thing exists, talked to another gent at Verizon said I need to go to the Blackberry site and download the latest OS? I already have 4.2.2.148? Wow no one has the exact answer, maybe I just need to be a little more patient!

PIN/ID
    3049D993

you need .176 os i believe its listed here for tellus .148 wont work and verizon wont release there updated os till the end of the month

PIN/ID
    3049D993

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok I got the .176 and still not working but I found out that the build we are trying isn't compatible with 8830 its only for 8130 so unless u can get an older version hang it up lol

PIN/ID
    3049D993

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok its not an os problem its the version we are trying to install my fight is over

jaydabee no está en línea Stack level 3

Wow, Verizon makes you go through all this cr*p and it still don't work? Hard to beleive.

The GPS on my 8820 from AT&T worked on google maps as soon as I walked out the door. I got TeleNav (10 uses for $5.99 a month) and it worked not 5 minutes after I ordered it!

Why is Verizon so messed up about GPS? The technologies used on the 8800, 8820 and 8830 are all the same except for the service provider. Verizon wants people to think that it is RIM problem or some technology problem. TMO and AT&T are not having problems and RIM has made it clear that the hardware works. The problem is you Verizon Wireless. Can you hear me now?
    Watch what you say,
    they'll be calling you
    a Radical, a Liberal,
    Fanatical, a Criminal . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast