Hi, I'm using an 8830 and I've been having issues with music in the Media ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bitbucket no está en línea Stack level 1

Question No songs in Media player on 8830

Advertisement

Hi,

I'm using an 8830 and I've been having issues with music in the Media player. Basically, none of the Artists, Albums, etc. find any songs. I can see the individual albums under the Album link but there are no songs in the albums. Ditto for Artists. I did create a .m3u playlist and that works. The music's there under All Songs and work fine.

The first time I loaded an album it worked correctly but at some point something broke. The most recent thing I did was wipe all the music followed by a battery reset. After loading the mp3's on again and browsing with the Media player on the BB, the Artists and Albums list would slowly populate. This indexing took about a minute. But after that "No songs" except in the playlist.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: No songs in Media player on 8830

what Format are the files in? if they are an unrecognized format the device will not show them.

Sorry, should have been more specific. The files are stored on the uSD card and are in both mp3 and wma. They all play fine - if I go to the All Songs menu to find them. They also work out of the one .m3u playlist I've created. I just don't want to create a bunch of playlists by Artist, Album, and Genre when they're already automatically indexed.

Thanks.

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Verizon? What firmware level? Try upgrading to the latest firmware. The problem should go away if you are using the original VZW firmware.

Bob

Running 4.2.2.66 which is the original. The latest is 4.2.2.148 but I've held off upgrading firmware until I have more time to deal with any issues that come out of the upgrade. Any opinions out there on the latest firmware version??

spade no está en línea Stack level 1

I had a similar issue where there would be dead links in the media player and I resolved the same as you(pull battery.)
    I updated to the latest firmware for BT stereo A2DP support. I dont want to say it was THE fix for the 'link" issue but I have not experienced it since.
    No other issues to date yet either.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Just a question...but do you have your songs seperated in folders?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME
    Just a question...but do you have your songs seperated in folders?

Yes, they are organized under music\genre\artist\album. The indexing on the BB picks everything up so all the right categories are there - but there are no songs where they should be.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Okay...let me re-address. This may not solve your problem, but it worked for me. When moving music to my berry via DM (Roxio Media Manager) I actually copied an entire folder (I have a seperate drive for all my music broken down by Artist, then Album) over to my "music" folder on my 88'. This has worked for me...may not solve your problem...but this is what I was getting at before.

ConfusedBB no está en línea Stack level 1

I seem to have exactly the same problem as bitbucket. I loaded the songs (all mp3) onto the micro sd when the 8830 was in mass storage mode via drag and drop. All the songs are in one folder. Once loaded and the 8830 is disconnected from the computer the phone creates the song list. All the different options for viewing the tunes work initially (All Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres). At some point (I haven't figured out exactly when but after at teast an hour) after non-use, when I go back into the media center I still have all the songs listed under the "All Songs" category, but all the rest are blank. The songs still play, it's just that they can only be accessed from the "All Songs" list. When this happens I also loose the visual list of songs I dragged into the phone's "My ring tones" folder. The songs are still assigned as ring tones because they play when someone calls that has one assigned, it's just that they don't list in the display. If I turn off/on the phone it corrects the problem, same with taking the battery out - neither of which are my solution of choice.
    Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by ConfusedBB; 09-03-2007 at 11:59 AM.

dengar100 no está en línea Stack level 1

Slightly off topic, how is the 8830 as a media player?

lchauvin no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as described above in this post and I am completely deseperate to try to understand what happens. When I reset the device, I first get everything working and then after five or ten minutes I can't get any title when I select by Artist / Album / Genre

That is extremely frustrating as the rest of the Media Player is working fine !!!!

Any help appreciated, I think I have tested everything I could think of.

Rgds,

L.