I know this is an old issue, but I rec'd a replacement blackberry 8830 a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2

NO MMS!!!

Advertisement

I know this is an old issue, but I rec'd a replacement blackberry 8830 a couple of days ago. Besides it now bearing the Verizon logo, I now have documents to go, but do not have MMS capabilities anymore. Is there anyway I can get it back or is this the norm? Can someone lead me in the right direction or tell me the right forum this was covered under. Thanks, BIGGP

Anyone else had this issue??

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    do you have bis? does your browser work? have you tried resending your service books?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    When you say you have no MMS, do you mean you can't send and receive them, or just don't see an icon for it?

I can neither see the icon for it, nor can I send or receive them. I do have bis and my browser works fine. I even called Verizon and they told me my 8830 doesn't support mms because I didn't have a camera. My old 8830 from Alltel sent and received them just fine. When I rec'd this one as an insurance replacement I can no longer do mms. Labevlol no, I haven't resent my service books. I'm not sure how to re send them. Thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just looked up the 8830 on www.discoverblackberry.com and the 88xx series never had a camera. They are able to RECEIVE MMS. But how can it send MMS without a camera to take the pictures? Unless you email them to the phone from somewhere else?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    You are right Erica, I missed the fact the device was an 8830. They can receive an MMS if it is text based, but they are not able to receive photos.

Ok so unless he means sending music and pictures already on the phone.

I could send the pictures from my media card. I also had an icon that said sms and mms. The replacement that I received does not have the icon, nor can I send pics from my media card anymore.

I could send the pictures from my media card. I also had an icon that said sms and mms. The replacement that I received does not have the icon, nor can I send pics from my media card anymore. I could download a pic to my media card, then click options and send as mms would be there. That option is no longer there.
    Last edited by biggp; 11-15-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Ok now I understand what the problem is.

I apologize if i caused any misunderstanding. Please forgive me if i did.