Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone, first time poster/ crackberry owner here. Anyway I was given a free bb8830 ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Hurtem no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

NO EVDO on 8830 (vzw)

Hello everyone, first time poster/ crackberry owner here. Anyway I was given a free bb8830 since my boss upgraded to the pearl(2 points for me). Loving it so far but I'm having an issue with my 8830 and EVDO.I work and live in an EV covered network yet I've only ever seen my phone display EV one time and this was after exchanging the phone once for a mic issue. I have the latest OS installed, any ideas to what my problem could be?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: NO EVDO on 8830 (vzw)

Have you checked VZW location map to be sure you are in a covered area? It usually depends on the towers you catch as far as EVDO goes. Most major cities have it and if someone you know has it standing next to you but you don't, then I would contact VZW.

Welcome to the stacks..

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can also try doing a battery pull. That may also help. By they way welcome to the forum. I use to have the 8830 when I was with tmobile. It's a great device.

PIN/ID
    30D2E555

You can also try doing a battery pull. That may also help. By they way welcome to the forum. I use to have the 8830 when I was with tmobile. It's a great device.

PIN/ID
    30D2E555

-------
    Sorry for the triple post. My browser got stuck.
    Last edited by li2327; 12-10-2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Automerged.

jsntrenkler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C5835C

I am not sure that your Boss upgraded when he went to the Pearl, however both are great devices. If the battery pull doesn't work for you, go to Settings / Mobile Network / and make sure that it says the following.

Mobile Network: Verizon Wireless
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Mode: 1XEV

You can change line 2 and 3 if they are wrong.

Hope this helps.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

they could be just testing the evdo in your area with hopes of putting it on fulltime, it is best to call verizon to find out for sure

PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

Thanks for the replies. The town I live in has had EVDO for about a year and we just launched it in the town where I work(I'm a VZW employee btw) just this past month.I've done countless battery pulls, resets which messed up my connection the our BES. The settings are exact as posted by jsntrenkler...I've ran the diagnostic and under radio it shows only connections to 1x. I did notice our store display model clearly shows EV1X but it did have the older OS so I might try and downgrade...The other funny thing is I checked two coworkers 8830's and neither were connecting to EV either.

I don't know BES very well but could that be limiting it? The display one would be on BIS correct?

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

If you checked the settings as jsntrenkler instructed and all was well then the other thing that I noticed that you didnt do in your post was a PRL update. << *22899 send >> . I use the 8130 and have no problem with EVDO. I have sold a boatload of 8830's and have never noticed your issue. After the PRL update if that does not work, try sending servicebooks and see if that may help << i doubt it but worth a try anyways >>
    You mentioned that you work for VZW...have you tried blackberry support number? I do have the number if you do not, send me a pm about it, I prefer not to post it for all to see.

Just to redux the network settings in the phone..

GOTO_ OPTIONS ---> MOBILE NETWORK --->

Data_Services --> ON

Mobile_Network ---> VERIZON WIRELESS

Network_Selection_Mode --> AUTOMATIC

CAUSTIC.

Sniperet no está en línea Stack level 2

It should not have anything to do with the current update or being on BES. I'm on BES and have the latest update installed with no problems connecting at 1XEV, BTW I have always had my network mode set to global. It could be a reception problem in the buildings you are in or a defective phone.

Like I said, I am not a BES pro by any means, but could the IT policy be set to throttle bandwidth by its users?

edit: I know that VZW has Nation (low band) and Broadband plans, could it beon a nation setup?

Just trying to learn here also...

PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

Yeah I'm going to call our support in a minute. Did the ota update a few times. I emailed an internal rep that set up my bes for me after he said if I ever needed any BB help just to drop a line and that was about a week ago lol.

PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

Tried calling but was put on hold a few times. I took some pics with my EnV...Anything off base here?
    Attached Images Attached Images

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the only thing that comes to mind is to verify your account is properly provisioned for the service as that sounds like what the issue is to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast