Greetings. Just looking for a spot on the web where I can go for BB ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

DCNelson no está en línea Stack level 1

New Verizon 8830 w/ SIM

Advertisement

Greetings.

Just looking for a spot on the web where I can go for BB support. I am in the IT support field and have a handful of BB users, both Nextel and Verizon, and even though I don't have one I am expected to know all. Greaaat.

Anyways, after the directors new device landed in my lap to setup, and 8830, I thought I needed to find a place to go if I need some assistance with issues that are bound to crop up. We are running a National Enterprise server that talks with Exchange so most of the time issues are resolved easily. However, I thought if I have a moment with something else it'd be nice if I had a place to go. Thanks everyone.

Dan in Solano County, Nor Cal.

chrisrosa1881 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New Verizon 8830 w/ SIM

i was wondering why the 8830 had a SIM card

ashzaki no está en línea Stack level 1

chrisrosa 1881,

It has a sim becasue it switch over to GSM when travelling outside the US. I must admit it worked as advetised, when I was in Europe last month.

BkerTech no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: New Verizon 8830 w/ SIM

I leave my SIM card in the 8830 since the day I purchased it. If I read the post by ashzaki correctly, then my 8830 will switch over to the GSM network automatically when I am out of the CDMA coverage area and am in the GSM network?

Another question: I was playing with Options - Advanced - SIM Card and get the response "SIM Card: No Valid SIM Card" when I select the option. Is this normal?

it only works with Verizon's sim cards. They have to activate it for you, its part of the global services that you have to sign up for.

I know it works flawlessly in Europe, I was in 4 different countries and as soon as got of the plane and truned it on, emails started arriving.

bq1985 no está en línea Stack level 1

Another Verizon feature requiring under their control. It does not make sense to advertise such features only to ask "mother may I....". Why is Verizon so arrogant with the devices they sell and expect customers to adhere to their control. I like Verizon as the coverage is awesome, it is this type of behavior that will eventually drive their customer base to other carriers. It is a matter of time.....

How much does it cost to activate the SIM card???

I dont really remember, I think it was $49 to buy it and then you have to sign up for the international email plan which I think is $15 additional a month.

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

I find it interesting that I have a sim but mine is pay as you go i'm told. I can still use it over seas i just pay for what I use yet everyone else seems to of paid for their verizon sim card.