Switched from Treo 650 to 8830 - got it a week ago. New to BB ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

scollin no está en línea Stack level 1

New to Verizon 8830

Advertisement

Switched from Treo 650 to 8830 - got it a week ago. New to BB and new to this site as well. Hard to believe how much chatter is going on about BB's. Hope you can help.

Comments:

1) How much should Verizon refund us from the purchase price for removing GPS, turning off Voice Notes, and for blocking ability to transfer MS Word files?

2) Although I have very carefully read the instructions, conference calling is not working - 2nd number does not dial?

3) Media card would not format on 8830 - but it did on PC and then worked in the phone.

4) What's the point of buying media cards, if you can not store applications and specific content on them??

5) There must be a desktop sync manager for MAC? PocketMac doesn't let you see what transfers.

6) Date and Time will not update automatically when set to retrieve time from Network??

Thanks in advance for any guidance on these issues.

Cheers, Steve

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: New to Verizon 8830

4. The cards are only for storing ringtones, pictures, movies, and songs.

6. Upgrade your OS and there should be a Daylight Savings Time Patch included. I may be wrong since I don't have that model.

Vatothe0 no está en línea Stack level 2

1) You can get the entire purchase price refunded. Put the phone back in the box and return it. Otherwise, zero.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Verizon falsely advertised gps but a refund of some of the price is just a dream. There is a dst patch although I do not have it installed I set mine to retrieve from network then did a battery pull and worked fine. As mentioned above the card is for pics and other media items so you do not eat up space on your phone that can be used for apps I know it does not make sense. I did not have to format my memory card worked flawlessly from time I put it in device. I have not heard of mac compatible software or desktop for 88XX series bb yet

PDUB204

Thanks for your guidance - I will look for dst patch.... media card is formatted and should work. What about receiving and opening Word files. I hear Docs to Go is coming. Meanwhile I learned today about Beamberry??

cheers, Steve

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have beamberry and I like it somewhat. I still have problems with recognizing formats of some docs but right now one of the best things going for what you need

hard to argue with free, I'll give Beamberry a try. cheers, Steve

kre8berry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Beamberry works pretty good. i am just waiting for Docs2Go... oh I miss that.. from the Palm Pilot days
    kre8berry

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by scollin
    4) What's the point of buying media cards, if you can not store applications and specific content on them??
    This is a security issue and a question of managing the device. The fact is that I have over 50 items listed in my Applications list - most are 3rd party apps - and I have plenty of room left on the device. The top five things RIM looks at for all BlackBerries are:
    1. Security
    2. Security
    3. Security
    4. Battery Life
    5. Secure Email Delivery
    Everything else is icing on the cake!

6) Date and Time will not update automatically when set to retrieve time from Network??
    If you mean that it won't change the time when you change time zones, this is a known issue with all BlackBerries. If you mean the time in general, no it doesn't update that automatically either. Not sure what RIM's logic is behind this. Incidentally there's a known issue that the time displayed on the main screen may be one minute behind the device's time. No ETA on an update to fix it.
    JerryD