[FONT=Tahoma] I realize these questions are probably redundant but I am a new at this ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Grayerwolf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CFE37C

New to 8830

Advertisement

[FONT=Tahoma]I realize these questions are probably redundant but I am a new at this so please be patient with me. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]I have a ringer that I want to use on my 8830 how do I use desktop manager that came with the 8830 to send the ringer to the phone? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]The other question I is where can I find detailed instructions to use Audacity. What I want to do is increase the volume on the music I want to use as a ringer. I have read here on the forum that some say that it will work and others say it will not. I would like to try it until BB and Verizon get their act together. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma]So if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. So far I love the 8830. Thanks [/FONT]
    filzen@uiuc.edu

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: New to 8830

Far as putting music on your 8830 you have to open your desktop manager then media manager then in the left hand corner of your media manager it will say my device and under that it lists device memory or media card. If you have a media card select that. then you should see ringtones. Click on that then its just a matter of draging your song to that folder and it will ask if you wont to convert and click yes..

Far as your second question. I also have vzw but have not used that program audacity. What i did is in bbmessenger you can send a voice file . I recorded a song with that and sent it to another blackberry then had it sent back to me ... i then went in a choosed that as my ringer and it is twice as loud (like a normal ringer).

Hope I helped

Grayerwolf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CFE37C

Re: New to 8830

Thanks cfrench
    Thanks for giving me the correct information that I needed. That was a big help, now all I have to do is see if I can increase the volume.
    Grayerwolf