Email I just got back complaining about why I was not given a sim card ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Yester18 no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb new standards for unlocking 8830

Advertisement

Email I just got back complaining about why I was not given a sim card and buying the phone full retail

Thank you for your reply. My name is Jameelah and I am happy to assist you the procedure to unlock your BlackBerry 8830 World Edition phone. I apologize for all the inconveniences you have experienced thus far.

We were not given the unlock codes for the BlackBerry 8830 device until recently because we were waiting the unlock codes from the manufacturer, Research In Motion. We have recently received these unlock codes from Research In Motion and there is a new procedure in place in order for you to unlock your BlackBerry 8830. I have provided the following information about why the global phones are locked initially as well as the unlocking procedures. Please read this information in its entirety.

Verizon Wireless restricts the SIM card readers on our global phones to recognize only Verizon Wireless SIM cards since we offer a discounted price on the global equipment contingent of a new service agreement. This is done to avoid confusion that can arise from billing and service changes that will occur if another carrier?s SIM is inserted in the phone.

We also offer the ability to unlock our global phone?s SIM card readers so that our global phone customers can use any international service provider?s SIM card with the device. However, to unlock your Verizon Wireless global phone, you must have either:

1) Paid full retail price for the global equipment or
    2) Have fulfilled your service agreement with Verizon Wireless for the promotional price of the equipment or be in good payment standings for at least 60 days.

Due to recent changes for the procedures for unlocking our global phones, you can now call Global Services and a global services coordinator will be able to assist you in unlocking your phone. I have attached our terms and conditions for SIM unlock release. You no longer are required to sign and fax this waiver back to us. You must already have a SIM card (it does not have to be a Verizon Wireless Global SIM card) to put into the device in order for us to unlock your device. You can reach them at 1-800-711-8300 from a landline phone between the hours of 8am - 7pm Eastern Standard Time. You can call our Global Technical Support at 1-908-559-4899 24 hours a day, seven days a week for assistance as well. Please have your device with you fully charged when you call.

I hope the information I have provided has been helpful and that I have addressed all of your concerns. I strive to provide to all of my customers 100% quality customer service! If you have any further questions on Verizon Wireless' products and services, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Jameelah
    Verizon Wireless
    Global Services

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: new standards for unlocking 8830

do what I did. Give it back and get a sprint 8830. Comes with a sim and gps. And sim can be removed by user. But careful of cs.

Yester18 no está en línea Stack level 2

Umm I'm locked in for 2 years with verizon.....

What I am so confused is that some people got a sim card included with purchase of their phone. or some got it for free....

Why is this whole thing with sim cards going round and round............ arrrrggggg

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Because, someone didnt catch it in time. Most of all, VZW wants something to charge for...
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

I got mine only when I told them i wanted the global service when I bought it. Im on a pay as you go global service so I dont have to pay the fee for the Sim. It depends on you plan and what your signing up for to have the SIM or not but it doesnt do anything unless you plan on using the phone over seas and paying verizons rates. Your better off without it as it does absolutely nothing while in the US.