Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hmmm, that sucks man! That does not seem right... What exactly,list step by step, are ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

Hmmm, that sucks man!
    That does not seem right...

What exactly,list step by step, are you doing to restore?
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ooening up the desktop manager. Connecting to my BB. Clicking on backup/restore. Then clicking on the appropriate backup file then let it do its thing.
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    and it only partially recovers?
    hmmm
    that is very odd.
    what infor are you missing?
    crucial stuff?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with my 8120. I installed .162 last Friday (after receiving the replacement last Thursday). I can go from 11MB to under 5 in one day and that's ONLY with texting and a few emails, no calls. All I have on my 8120 right now are BeeJive, BBM 5.0, FaceBook and MySpace. I have removed App World, RIM's versions of AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo Messengers, a pink theme I found that I like, and some of the stock icons. What's a good OS to move to?
    If this hasn't been mentioned, bbm 5 takes up 2 mb's, much more than the installed version. I took it off of my 8120. The bbm upgrade is geared more towards the new generation bb's that have a lot more on board memory.

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a 8130, been through a lot of OS's. Best one I've found for this one is the .127 from AllTel. Very minimal leaks and very stable. Just a thought.
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2
    The things that are missing are my BBM contacts, passwork keeper w/all passwords, notepad with stored info. That's all I can remember right now. I reinstalled .138 and have some memory leak, but no where near what I had with .160.
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with my 8120. I installed .162 last Friday (after receiving the replacement last Thursday). I can go from 11MB to under 5 in one day and that's ONLY with texting and a few emails, no calls. All I have on my 8120 right now are BeeJive, BBM 5.0, FaceBook and MySpace. I have removed App World, RIM's versions of AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo Messengers, a pink theme I found that I like, and some of the stock icons. What's a good OS to move to?
    Also, not sure what version of facebook you are using, but it takes up A LOT of memory. Plus you need to make sure on the options menu that you have the check for updates box unchecked. If you have that set to check for updates, every so many minutes it checks, so it is working in the background taking up memory. Another thing that may have already been mentioned somewhere on here, make sure when you close out a program or close the browser, etc, don't just hit the escape key. Actually use the menu button and scroll down and click close. It doesn't save that much memory, but it will keep it from draining as fast.
    BlackBerry8130/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12