Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone I installed OS 4.5.0.160 today and seem to be losing memory faster than ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

biggp no está en línea Stack level 2

New Software Memory Leak???

Advertisement

Hello everyone I installed OS 4.5.0.160 today and seem to be losing memory faster than before. I installed it from the blackberry.com website so I believe its a good version. Has anyone else had this problem? After the install and reboot it was showing 15+ million bytes and now its showing 11+ bytes! Any ideas? Thanks, biggp
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    I was having the same issue with a couple of the 4.5.0.138 OS's
    try and find another OS and you should be all good!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Ok. The search is on. Mine did the same hing with the .138 also. This time I went to a trusted source and the same thing happened. Thanks for the input.

the link in my signature will help you find a new OS if you need
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Ok thanks!!

let me know if you need a hand with anything thing! I'll help look if you need!

I appreciate that

vandenhooff no está en línea Stack level 1
    I searched using the tag under your signature but couldn't find the OS it refers to. How come?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm having the same problem with my 8120. I installed .162 last Friday (after receiving the replacement last Thursday). I can go from 11MB to under 5 in one day and that's ONLY with texting and a few emails, no calls. All I have on my 8120 right now are BeeJive, BBM 5.0, FaceBook and MySpace. I have removed App World, RIM's versions of AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo Messengers, a pink theme I found that I like, and some of the stock icons. What's a good OS to move to?

Quote Originally Posted by vandenhooff View Post
    I searched using the tag under your signature but couldn't find the OS it refers to. How come?
    it does not refer to a specific OS only a list of carriers which you can then search for an OS under whatever carrier you would like to try.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with my 8120. I installed .162 last Friday (after receiving the replacement last Thursday). I can go from 11MB to under 5 in one day and that's ONLY with texting and a few emails, no calls. All I have on my 8120 right now are BeeJive, BBM 5.0, FaceBook and MySpace. I have removed App World, RIM's versions of AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo Messengers, a pink theme I found that I like, and some of the stock icons. What's a good OS to move to?
    I wish I could answer that question but I don't have an 8120
    I'm sure there has to be a good one out there I think that with some OS's the new version of BBm is just not that compatible and leads to memory leaks...
    I'm betting the OS you have is a good build but encounters issues when running the BBM 5.0
    anyone with an 8120 want to recommend one?
    I have found that most of the European builds work well but which to try...
    I am uncertain.
    I'm sorry I can't be of more help in this matter.

vandenhooff no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by luciferseamus View Post
    the link in my signature will help you find a new OS if you need
    Hi Luciferseamus, I still don't understand what you meant when you wrote "the link in my signature will help you find a new OS
    if you need"

Sorry to bug you (again) can you explai na little more.

Cheers,

On my bb now or I'd post the actual link, but... Under my first couple of posts there is a hyperlink attached to "list of current OS's by vendor" or something that effect.
    Click on that and you will be taken to a page full of different vendors.
    A few of those vendors will have your model BB and the OS's they offer for it, you can find an OS for just about any BB.

Once you find one that will work for you simply download it and install to your computer then run DM (after removing the vendor.xml file) and it will upgrade your OS to the one you just installed.

Note: remove your old OS from your computer for easier installation.

Hope this helps, and your not buggin me man, just wanna get you all squared away, don't ever hesitate to ask questions.
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

this is the link I was talking about:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 08-09-2009 at 04:54 AM.

Man, i'm nervous about that one. I downloaded it the other day and when everything rebooted, it only loaded approx. half of my icons. now my password keeper is gone and i had to reload blackberry messenger on my phone. now all my usernames/passwords that were in my password keeper are gone. Also, all my blackberry contacts in the blackberry messenger are gone. i reloaded

OH NO!!!!!
    WTH!?!?!?!
    were you able to restore from a backup?

I was able to restore partially. It also promoted me to download a newer version of desktop manager before it would let me download .160. Then I try to load a restore and it only restores some of the things. Its beginning to get very frustrating!!
    BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.138 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast