I just ordered a 8830 curve from US Cellular. What should I be aware of? ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3

New 8830 from US Cellular

Advertisement

I just ordered a 8830 curve from US Cellular. What should I be aware of?

I have the 8220 and had several previous pearls.

Im looking for awesome apps ans best OS to run.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You ordered a 8830 or a 8330. The 8830 is the world edition and the 8330 is the curve. They are very different in capabilitys. And as far as the OS goes pearls and curves have been shiping with 4.5 os so there is no reason to upgrade. I think the 8830 has 4.5 too but I haven't sold one in a while so don't quote me on that. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jjdm858 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    hey gixxerjoe, what other new phones does US cellular sells?? i really like to have a bold..??i think the newest they have is the 8830 ...anybody had any info??

thanks
    The superior man is distressed by his want of ability.
    Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
    Chinese philosopher, administrator, and moralist.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    USC for blackberry carries 8830, 8330, 8130. The 8330 is the newest in our line up for bb. USC also sells the MOTO Q9c, HTC 6800 moguel and HTC 6900 touch. The touch is the newest out of those devices. The newest device is the samsung delve. I am getting to head out to work now but I will post back on if we have anything in testing that may launch soon. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    its the 8330 my bad...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    @ jjdm858 the only other phone that USC has in testing right now is the LG Rythm(TM) - This device is a music centric slider phone with a music control jog wheel and a touch sub-LCD screen that will be launching in two different colors: Black and Pink. It also supports stereo Bluetooth, a 1.3 megapixel camera with video recorder and 3.5mm standard ear jack. It is scheduled to launch on November 17th.
    I did not see any other phones comming out for USC. But that anouncement was about a month ago so they might not have released anything else just yet to us. As for the bold I dont think USC will see that anytime soon. We will be more likely to get the new curve or something. But I would not count on seeing any new BB for at least 6 months or so.

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
    I think the 8830 has 4.5 too but I haven't sold one in a while so don't quote me on that. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yeah i quoted ut no malice here, the 8830 is still using 4.2

PIN/ID
    ask me
    @beav626 as for stuff to look out for on the USC curve. It is a great device. It should already have OS 4.5.0.66 on it. So really no reason to upgrade. That is the official OS from USC and runs pretty smooth. My only complaint is I cannot change my home page. That seems to be the only problem I have found. As for apps and stuff..... you can try vilingo, viigo, slydial, fox news, there is is tons of stuff avalible. Just depends what you want. Hope this helps

PIN/ID
    ask me
    [quote=europamo;944989]yeah i quoted ut no malice here, the 8830 is still using 4.2[/quote

Thanks for clearing that up for me I just checked RIMS site and your right they have not even released a 4.5 for the 8830