Hey Yall, My old Verizon phone gave up the ghost yesterday, and I decided to ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

GreatGreyhounds no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CF7952

New 8830, and switched Carriers

Advertisement

Hey Yall,

My old Verizon phone gave up the ghost yesterday, and I decided to bite the bullet, and buy a Blackberry 8830 from them...

After two hours on the phone, talking with numerous 'Tech Reps' about the GPS, and the inability to use a different SIM in Europe, with out having to pay a huge premium (i.e. list price on the phone). I hung up, drove down to Sprint, and changed over. Verizon is getting the phone back on their try it free for 30 days plan.

The same phone (but unlocked), more minutes, GPS, and the same overall data package for $40/month less.

When my daughters are in town next month, I'm moving the rest of the family over. I've finally gotten fed up with crippled phones!

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: New 8830, and switched Carriers

First of all welcome to the stacks!

Second welcome to sprint. i must say you are one of the few who have gotten fed up with verizon and moved to sprint. i have been with sprint for over 7 years and love it. wouldnt go anywhere else. feel free to let us know if you have any questions.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

look forward to long nights reading this forum and getting no help from CS lmao

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Sprint? Stock up on aspirin. I wouldn't move people I love over to Sprint.

Out of curiosity, do you have something against GSM based carriers? Allergic?

RavenLoneWolf no está en línea Stack level 1

Very smart move. I used to be with Verizon, I also switched, over to Alltel about two weeks ago. It feels great to own an un-crippled phone. I also found out how much more knowledgeable (smarter) Alltel's customer service reps are over Verizon's. Asking for the username, password and access number in order to tether my phone to my Powerbook was a breath of fresh air. I was so shocked the rep knew exactly what I wanted and immediately, without hesitation, gave me an answer without transferring me to twenty other reps, just to tell me Apple and Macs aren't supported, restored my faith in mankind.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

good move verizon plans are to high for me tmobile service is the worst out of any carrier never been on att but they use EDGE so thats a no go people have problems with sprint but they have gave me some really great deals since i been with them on phones and plans and sprint is the only carrier who wont charge you to tether

tony stork no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hay sprint customer care may have its problems but the bb are the best. Sprint gives the most for your money and the plans are getting better trust me I work or them could we say more for less yes yes so welcome to sprint and have fun and make sure you try sprint nav its out of this world as well as the free aol I'm that's come with the phome