So, I'm sitting at home about 2 hours ago when my phone just goes blank ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Question Need Help Asap - Device Won't Connect

Advertisement

So, I'm sitting at home about 2 hours ago when my phone just goes blank all of the sudden and I begin getting a flashing red light. Nothing solves the problem and I know, from reading other posts on here, I'm going to have to do an OS re-install.

I make my way back to the office and I have been going through the OS reintall posts and I am still unable to have the device recognized by the DM. I was successful in getting the OS to do the reinstall but when the phone re-initializes, it just constantly gives me the hour glass.

I did the re-install again and the same thing happens. The DM never shows it connected but on the 2nd reinstall, it had the devices PIN but never showed connected. I have read through as many posts as I could to try and resolve this issue and I'm not having any luck.

This is my only means of contact and I run a 9-1-1 center and need any additional advice to try and get my phone back up and running.

I'm running the latest version of the 4.2 OS from Alltel on an 8830 w/ a 2gb SD card.

Thanks for all help in advance...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Need Help Asap - Device Won't Connect

Ok, so after the 3rd OS install and the hour glass of doom for about 10 minutes, I hit the space bar twice just to push a button and make me happy and after about 10 seconds, it finished the initialization and I am now in the process of putting all of my apps back on and adding myself back to our BES.

Strange but I think I'm back working again, just waiting on the completed activation process of the BES to finish up and I'll be on my way back home.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE