O.K. so this is probably not mysterious, however it just started happening 3 days ago. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jareddeich no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Mysterious Disappearing Messages

Advertisement

O.K. so this is probably not mysterious, however it just started happening 3 days ago. I am set up on a BES with Lotus Notes. I have rules set up on my Notes INBOX to redirect a few certain email addresses as they are received. I have my BB set to sync with all of these folders, and everything has been peachy...until a couple of days ago..

All of a sudden when a message appears on my BB it is listed in the all message inbox, as usual.......After i read an email it disappears from my inbox, and gets filed away into the folder where it should be. In the past it has always stayed in my inbox. Any idea on why this changed all of a sudden, and how i can get it back to the way that it was??

Thanks in advance for your help...

cawilly no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Same thing happens to me on my new 8830. Seems to be, from previous posts, an available memory problem. There are a lot of posts on the site about this, just do a search on "8830 Memory Usage" The posted link is a good one for tips on freeing memory. I battery pull once a day .

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    His problem is not a memory issue. The post you are referring to cawilly is where messages disappear completely because of a memory leak.

This is not what jared is referring to. His message goes from his inbox to a folder within his BB, it doesn't disappear for good.

Jared - Have you checked your redirect options to see if after reading a message, the message is to be directed to one of the inbox subfolders?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

cawilly no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Sorry for the confusion on the answer, I have had both issues since my switch to the 8830.

How about this: In email options, select "General Options". Make sure the line "Hide Filed Messages" is set to NO. This fixed it for me. Thanks for the suggestion.