Hey guys. This is my first post and i'm so stressed out. My lovely 8830 ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Aretmazman no está en línea Stack level 1

My Blackberry 8830 from Telus keeps restarting! Help!

Advertisement

Hey guys. This is my first post and i'm so stressed out. My lovely 8830 from Telus (which I hate - Telus, not BB lol) keeps restarting whenever it wants to! For example, when I'm sending a text message or going on Facebook (everything except making a call), the device just shuts off and the LED light turns red...and it won't restart unless I do a hard reset, meaning I take the battery out and put it back in. Does anyone know what this means? This is the second 8830 I've had from Telus (the first one was messed up due to the trackball getting stuck :S). If anyone can help me without taking it back to Telus, please do so. Thank you for all your help!!

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I have an 8830 and it has done that to me in the past. you can try just updating the OS to the newest version. check "my 3rd party apps" below for a link to the latest OS for your phone
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    If that doesn't work you might have to try to wipe the phone and then reinstall the OS......either way DO A BACKUP of your info first so you dont lose your addies and such

You can wipe the phone using JL CMMNDR, a link to which to DL is located in "my 3rd party apps". you then install the latest OS onto your PC and then connect your BB via USB and then start your Desktop Manager.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Call in to telus, get a DNA ticket number, go to ur closest service center and they will do an otc swap on ur device, that way u don't have to go the long way around and reload software or anything like that. hope this helps...Cheers