Ok, I was at school and typed this post and my computer there turned off ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

BrianFeinzimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Post My 8830 is stuck on the carrier splash, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Advertisement

Ok, I was at school and typed this post and my computer there turned off so I'ma make this short and sweet. This morning after switching themes (I have used this theme before) the 2 themes went whacky and intermixed like the icon placement was there but different icons, so it was all messed up, along with a java error. Nothing a batt pull can't fix right?

So I reboot and is goes normal till the VZW splash screen and sticks there. EXACTLY as in this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/new-...sh-screen.html

Except my BB is locked and the radio is off...great! I tried unlocking it, no go. I know its ok under the splash screen and it does get popups as described in the linked thread, if I take out the media card it pops that notification for about a second. And after 30 mins (give or take) it errors out to App Error 523. DM can't do anything due to the device being locked and a wipe is my LAST resort. If there is ANYTHING I can do, please help. THANKS!!!!!!!

PS JL_Cmder works, I have the event log but there is so much info there...

Also, I can't pull my apps with DM becasue the device is locked of course, even tho the pass goes through on DM. There is a command function on JL_Cmdr, can I use that to type in an unlock command with my pass to unlock the BB so I can backup my 3rd party apps?

And I'm sure you all know what I'm describing here but just in case...these are the ONLY 4 screens I am able to see:

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: My 8830 is stuck on the carrier splash, PLEASE HELP!!!!

523 System process died A critical Java process has terminated, and the device cannot continue to operate in a normal manner.

Thats from RIM.

It says you'll probably have to reload your OS ... good luck

BrianFeinzimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: My 8830 is stuck on the carrier splash, PLEASE HELP!!!!

The device powers up with the radio off. If you look @ my first post and check out that old thread, the guy could answer incoming calls, since the call screen is a popup. I figure if I can get the radio on through JavaLoader/JL_CMDR, answer a call, then hit menu and choose to unlock the BB then I can go to DM, pull my 3rd party apps and wipe it. Although I'm stuck @ turning on the radio....