Yesterday started like any other day, a cup of coffee during a casual drive into ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

My 8830 Has RIM Stumped!

Advertisement

Yesterday started like any other day, a cup of coffee during a casual drive into the office, checking emails while some programs run in the background of my laptop, scanning the calendar for the day's conference calls and hot projects, and then..................disaster!

The screen on my 8830 was locked up, so I pulled the battery and put it back in. My BB starts back up, and I find out that while it was off, I received a voicemail. I called voicemail, expecting my password to be auto dialed, but it wasn't.

After the call I checked the voicemail options under Phone Options; there was no password entered where there had been one just moments before. No problem, I'd just put it in again, or so I thought.

When I attempted to put the password in and save it, I got the dreaded Java.lang.ClassCastException error!

I called Sprint, they called RIM, and I worked with a very knowledgeable tech for a few hours trying to resolve the problem.

The RIM tech had me completely wipe the BB, reload the operating system, send him numerous debug logs, check this, that, and the other thing. At the end of the afternoon, I still had the same problem. The tech said the only info he had on that error said it could be related to a ring tone that was set for part of a profile, but no longer available (?).

Now, I'm going to have someone from RIM contact me within two days to again attempt to resolve the problem.

If anyone has been through this before, and especially if you know the fix, please respond. Thanks.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: My 8830 Has RIM Stumped!

If you wipe the device and immediately attempt to call your Voice Mail, is it crashing? What if you don't enter a password? I'm on AT&T and don't require a password for voice mail. At the other end they automatically connect through to the number being called from if it's in their voice mail database. However, Nextel may be different, but I thought I'd pass that along.
    JerryD

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

I've tried all sorts of passwords, always works out the same. I do have the option of disabling my password once I'm in voicemail, which was always my work around before. Having said that, the feature has been working for a long time now, just started acting up again yesterday.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

If I remember correctly, you can enter the password into the phone while connected to voicemail, instead of using the auto password function of the phone. Then you can disable the password from the voicemail options, so only when calling from the actual phone you're checking the voicemail of, no password is required, except possibly when roaming.
    I'm still clueless as to why you're getting a Java error when using the option in handset.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~