I've read several of the threads and am thoroughly confused. I would like to keep ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

rogerh24 no está en línea Stack level 1

multiple calendars on 8830

Advertisement

I've read several of the threads and am thoroughly confused.

I would like to keep two calendars and contact lists on my Sprint 8830 OS 4.2.2 - one for work and one for personal. My work has strict policies about using corporate resources for personal use. They will need to be keep completely separate from each other - in other words, when I sync, they have to go to different hosts. My corporate system uses BES and I was thinking about using Google Calendar for my personal stuff.

So,
    1) Can I do this?
    2) How?

Thank you
    Roger

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    super easy
    but i got confused because if you view your calendar at a month at a time (like me)
    it's a bit hard to distinguish.

if you have more then one E-mail address it will automatically seperate calendars for each address.

you can color coordinate your calendar's and E-mail address this way.

go into your calendar and select, select calendar.
    there will be a listing for Show all calendars, or (whatever your E-mail address's are)

I'd just assign to the appropriate calendar
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

rogerh24 no está en línea Stack level 1

Multiple calendars on 8830

luciferseamus, just for confirmation, I see from your profile, you have an 8330 - I however have a different model, an 8830 World Edition, OS version 4.2.2.

I've set up a gmail account and created events on my Google calendar. I've also enabled mobile notifications. I even did a soft reset on the phone. I still do not have but the one calendar.

Thoughts??

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    It may be an OS difference.
    Hmm
    That's odd that there is no option for view calendars.
    I bet it is an OS thing you could try upgrading but i don't know if you want to go through that to get mulitple calendars on you phone. I would think it would just be there

Maybe another 8800 user could chime in. Anyone out there (using 8800 series) have multiple calendars?

I wish I could give you mine. Lol.
    I only use one calendar
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey Lou, no hassle free solutions given your restriction of separate-distinct databases I'm affraid, but here are a few ideas for you.

Unless you update to OS 4.5 when it becomes available for the 8830 you cannot do what rogerh suggests. Even then it doesn't meet your limitations (from your first post) meaning all you can do is mark 'filters' to mark calendar entries to see in different colors, all your data would still sync with the BES and only be separated when you select the appropriate filter to view. You can do so already for the address book by marking every entry with a category and selecting a filter to view, but again, it still syncs with your BES and only separates entries to view them once a filter is selected.

The new google launcher is available and could help you, (http://m.google.com/), you can access your gmail account, goog calendar and other google related stuff under one access port.
    A few drawbacks I see: it can only be accessed when under data coverage (not airborne on an airplane for instance), the calendar does not have month-day-year view and since contacts have to be dealt through gmail you may not have the amount of phone number slots you may have in your regular contacts app in the blackberry.

Pocket Informant by WebIs could offer the solution to what you have in mind, but is not available publicly yet, even then it may not offer the ability to sync your database (other than with the internal BB one, negating the separation you're looking for)

I am not familiar with Pocket Day myself, but you can look it up and see as well. I don't think it can be independently filled up separate from the internal calendar database as it is.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by huracan; 09-13-2008 at 01:18 AM.