Hello All, Thanks for the nice forum. I am going to be in possession of ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

NotYaAverageBro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30C478BE

Question Move/Sync Contacts between Windows Mobile Device and Blackberry 8830

Advertisement

Hello All,

Thanks for the nice forum. I am going to be in possession of a Blackberry 8830 from Sprint in the couple of days. I could try this now with a Pearl I have with T-Mobile, but the problem is still the same. How can I move the contacts from my Windows Mobile device (Sprint Mogul) to my Blackberry 8830 or 8130. I don't want to re-enter ever single contact over again;, and even worse, lose some of the pictures attached to my contacts.

If it helps, I have my Windows Mobile device synced up to a Exchange Server from (live.mail2web.com) a free service that allows to sync calendar, contacts and email.

Thanks!

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

Re: Move/Sync Contacts between Windows Mobile Device and Blackberry 8830

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Do you have Outlook? (not express)

PIN/ID
    30C478BE

I have Outlook 2007 and at first, I didn't want to sync the two, but I synced the two and now if I am catching on, I will sync the contacts between Outlook and the device, and then when I get the Blackberry, sync it between the Blackberry and Outlook. I am just going to miss the pictures between the two devices.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Do you have any method of off loading the pictures from your Windows Mobile Device? If so just download to your PC then when you get your BB and the Media Card, you can just upload them using either Desktop Manager, Media Manager or Windows Expolorer.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    wilsticu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You will be able to move the pictures with the Media Manager desktop software that comes with your device.

PIN/ID
    30C478BE

I didn't mean not having the pictures per se, but you can set up "Picture Caller ID" with your Windows Mobile device and have a picture associated with a contact when they call you. Having to associate every pic with a contact again is going to suck.

PIN/ID
    wilsticu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)If Outlook won't sync your pictures it will suck. I have never tried that.

PIN/ID
    30C478BE

Good news. Using Desktop Manager 4.3, I was able to sync the contacts between the phones, but a couple of interesting things happened along the way:

1. The middle name was the same as the first name.
    2. It gave me a separate notification to add in everyone's recurring birthday.
    3. Lastly, and the best news, it carried over alot of the pictures attached to the contacts!

Thanks everyone for their help.

PIN/ID
    wilsticu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~That is good to know. Make sure you get a micro SD card for the 8820.

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok, i wanna know how to reverse the process if you are running vista and cant afford a copy of outlook 2007 using only desktop manager and winmobdevctr
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    If you have a google account, you can sync OTA first your windows mobile contacts, and later on sync your bb with Google. That will take care of transferring your contacts from one device to anothe, with contact pics and all. However, syncing OTA means data usage charge. Keep that in mind.
    To set up winmo sync with google, go to your device's programs, look for Activsync, from menu choose configure server, input server address m.google.com, check server requires SSL, next enter your google email address and password, next choose contact and calendar (if you wish). Choose advanced from menu, choose your desired settings, save, finish. Run sync. Google will copy your address book. Then, download google sync to your BB, follow instructions (google sync for BB is simple) and there you go. After a few minutes you will see all your contacts on your new device.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by banglaberry; 03-23-2009 at 11:17 AM.