Is there a way to send MMS messages on the 8830? I have sprint and ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

MMS on 8830

Advertisement

Is there a way to send MMS messages on the 8830? I have sprint and do not have anyway to send pictures that others have sent me other than email and messenger contacts.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: MMS on 8830

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1218 View Post
    Is there a way to send MMS messages on the 8830? I have sprint and do not have anyway to send pictures that others have sent me other than email and messenger contacts.
    You should have the option to send mms in messages. I do not have the 8830 but have had an 8800 and had the option. If you do not go into menu, options, advanced options, service book, and see if you have the mms config service book. If you do not, try the basics, register on HRT and pull the battery and see if it comes back. If not i would call your carrier and have them resend the service books from RIM's side. Hope it helps.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Verizon decided if it doesn't have a camera, you don't need mms. I have the VZW 8830. I'm assuming Sprint thinks that as well.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Do you have the option to choose MMS messages?

log on to your carrier.blackberry.com (if any) , register your device, at the right, you'll have "resend service books. Click it and the service books should be sent.

Like Eddie_gauge said, try reging at HRT. Options -> advanced -> Host Routing Table, hit the menu button and choose "register now".

If nothing helps, call your carrier and tell them you want them to send you a MMS service book sent to your phone. If they don't have it, tell them to make one ,)
    I'm sure one of their techs can do it, prolly not everybody tho, but you might be lucky.

Hope it helps you!

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm going to assume that you've never had any interaction with Sprint or VZW. Summarized, be glad your phone dials. Granted, Sprint's 8830 has WAY more functionality than the VZW 8830, but MMS is not an option for any Sprint smartphone.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

yeah the 8830 from Sprint (and their new 8130) cannot MMS, Sprint disabled it (I'm pretty sure most if not all smartphones they sell)
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

cwaturner no está en línea Stack level 2

That's cause Sprint routs incoming MMS through a stupid web server that u have to dlwd your message from.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

thanks this has been a lot of help.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9