Hi, People I talk to complain that I sound horribly amplified and distorted when using ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

shampoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A58DA

Mic sensitivity

Advertisement

Hi,

People I talk to complain that I sound horribly amplified and distorted when using my 8830. This is a replacement 8830 because the first one I had, had network issues..

I have to keep the phone off my face. It can only touch my ear. As soon as it touches my face, or even gets too near it, the sound becomes horribly distorted and muffled..

Is this normal or do I have a wonky phone ?

J

resqguy no está en línea Stack level 2

shampoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A58DA
    Those are similar yet different problems. The thread you link to is about too much background noise. The problem I was having is that the mic was cranked up too much. Which is to say, it sounded like I had the mic right up against my lips..

I updated to the latest Firmware from Bell (even though I am on Telus) and voila! No more problems.

Not sure if that will solve the problem you are referring to as they don't quite seem to be the same.

Thanks for the reply.

J

lartius no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A3097
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ funny thing, I've got a bell 8830 and I have people complain that they can't hear mr, or they don't hear me at all! I'm going to try the new firmware tonight, see if that helps.